Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@marmistrz i wont touch system-ui anymore, you expect i will clean my scratchbox/madde environment to find what i changed? if you want it yourself - start hacking and ask if you got any problems, i'll help you then.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
@coderus: You don't have to clean the scratchbox environment. You can simply create a temporary scratchbox target which you could use for this.

I added videodev3.h to linux/ subdir in the project directory, now I'm missing linux/compiler.h which makes it fail to build.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I added videodev3.h to linux/ subdir in the project directory, now I'm missing linux/compiler.h which makes it fail to build.
I would try to change the include line to videodev2.h and using the kernel sources and see if it builds correct.

The videodev3.h is like some newer videodev2.h files. It means it has already Flash and privacy (indicator) light controls included.
I guess it was renamed to not change the original header but have this indicator light controls.

In the Kernel Plus sources it is included in videodev2.h maybe try using these header files.

https://github.com/hurrian/kernel-pl.../include/linux

The compiler.h is also a Kernel header file.

@marmistrz problems in your environment, not mine. I dont care if you build it successfully or not, okay?

I've tried it before:
Code:
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp: In member function 'virtual void MWToolsFlashlight::shortAction()':
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp:39: error: 'V4L2_FLASH_LED_MODE_TORCH' was not declared in this scope
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp:45: error: 'V4L2_FLASH_LED_MODE_NONE' was not declared in this scope
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp: In member function 'bool MWToolsFlashlight::flashActive()':
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp:69: error: 'V4L2_CID_FLASH_LED_MODE' was not declared in this scope
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp:70: error: 'V4L2_FLASH_LED_MODE_NONE' was not declared in this scope
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp: In member function 'void MWToolsFlashlight::offFlash()':
MWToolsFlashlight.cpp:80: error: 'V4L2_FLASH_LED_MODE_NONE' was not declared in this scope
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@marmistrz problems in your environment, not mine. I dont care if you build it successfully or not, okay?
Hey, not so fast! Problems in my env? You're kidding! videodev3.h IS NOT PRESENT IN THE ROOTSTRAP. It's no standard header.

linux-kernel-headers DOES NOT CONTAIN linux/compiler.h

So it's not my broken env, but the bug in your code that doesn't allow to build the source with the official SDK

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-01-23 at 18:17.

linux-kernel-headers DOES NOT CONTAIN linux/compiler.h
linux-kernel-headers is not equal kernel-source these are different deb packages

The videodev3.h is the videodev2.h from pr1.3 kernel and the pr1.3 kernel sources also have linux/compiler.h
And the videodev2.h from pr1.3 also include 4L2_FLASH_LED_MODE_NONE function

See in kernel_2.6.32-20121301+0m8.tar.gz and use these headers or use headers from kernel plus....

Last edited by Halftux; 2014-01-23 at 18:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
@marmistrz start thinking as developer and solving your problems yourself, okay?

Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
linux-kernel-headers is not equal kernel-source these are different deb packages

The videodev3.h is the videodev2.h from pr1.3 kernel and the pr1.3 kernel sources also have linux/compiler.h
And the videodev2.h from pr1.3 also include 4L2_FLASH_LED_MODE_NONE function

See in kernel_2.6.32-20121301+0m8.tar.gz and use these headers or use headers from kernel plus....
Hmmm.... SDK has 2.6.32-20112910+0m6
Are there any debs anywhere with "stock" -2012 kernel? Otherwise I might include the headers locally

Hmmm.... SDK has 2.6.32-20112910+0m6
Are there any debs anywhere with "stock" -2012 kernel? Otherwise I might include the headers locally
Nokia never included pr1.3 into the repository it was released on a dvd. As far as I know there is no deb.

You can create you own deb have a look at kernel-source_2.6.32-20112910+0m6_all.deb and build a similar deb with the files from the dvd (kernel_2.6.32-20121301+0m8.tar.gz). However you can put them also manually to the sdk.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Well, managed to build this contraption, and seems to work.

I moved to creating some multithreading to fight the gui freezing, but then system-ui crashes (and loads the stock one)

https://github.com/marmistrz/system-...tation.cpp#L28

if this is removed, works back perfectly.

How to debug system-ui? It spawns automatically after killing.