Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
how can i search for the videos.. didnt find any option for seach.. ???

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
how can i search for the videos.. didnt find any option for seach.. ???
slide open hw keyboard and just start typing the search term.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
NVideo won't be able to display non-youtube video by design. <SNIP>
So try to have a dedicated folder for all downloaded youtube videos would be ideal.
Agreed.

However, you set NVideo's default download location to the "/.videos/" directory;
so you should either gracefully ignore the other videos, or change the default download directory
(so that other people will not be getting the same "Restricted Access" message, as I did).

So your looking at the filename (rather than CODECs) to determine that a video is from YouTube.
It appears that you look for "*(*)*.mp4" in the filename.

Some of the files that I download do use ()s in the filename. However, it is always " (".
You do not use a space before the parenthesis. So that could be a quick check.

Or you could be a little more picky, by looking for "x(*).mp4" not containing any spaces.

....Or change Nvideo's default download directory.

P.S. Does NVideo play the videos itself, or does it call Nokia's player for that?

Last edited by kbyork; 2011-10-23 at 21:40.

Or you could be a little more picky, by looking for "x(*).mp4" not containing any spaces.
This would be the best way, I'll make it checks for the length in the () since youtube videoid mostly contains 11 chars.

P.S. Does NVideo play the videos itself, or does it call Nokia's player for that?
It does not use nokia player.

Last edited by khuong; 2011-10-23 at 23:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Hi all! For some reason after updating to v0.1.1 nVideo can play videos again, but they have no sound. I also tried in cutetubeQML, and if I set the player to mplayer it has sound, but if I choose the internal player, the same problem appears (no sound). I suspect it is not the players fault since both players does the same. Any suggestions thou?

Edit: Scratch that, I was in silent profile. Still let this be the guide for the ones that come after me, and the testimony that I too fail to use the search feature every now and then

Last edited by zdanee; 2011-11-02 at 21:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
New updates v0.1.0 has been released to repository.
I cannot see it in my App. Manager. How you guys find it? What is repository address, please teach me. Big THANKS

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland

Hi everyone, is there any way that I can download videos from dailymotion using any apps for N900 or software for my pc? Thakns in advance.

All the videos in nVideo are silent for me. All other audio-playing apps work fine. Any ideas?

Also, I have ver. 0.1.1, but Application Manager suggests every day that I upgrade... to 0.1.1. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't help.

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
All the videos in nVideo are silent for me. All other audio-playing apps work fine. Any ideas?

Also, I have ver. 0.1.1, but Application Manager suggests every day that I upgrade... to 0.1.1. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't help.
other than using the hardware volume key to crank up the volume, I don't know what to tell you.

If the app suggest that you upgrade, then just upgrade it even though you already had ver 0.1.1 which then install the ver 0.1.1 from ovi instead of extra, both of them are the same thing, it's just that ovi version has a later date. Don't uninstall and reinstall, it will ask you to upgrade again. This seems to be a problem when the same app are available in ovi and extras.