Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think Nokia better late in deploying MeeGo and got it working every corners than adopting Android or WinMo7 OS as their main stream.

Late releasing MeeGO = losing a portion of market but will slowly gaining later, just like iOS. Released it late in 2007s and now was one of the best seller. They did their researched, so MeeGo should be too.

Adopting Android = quick gaining but then losing due to all other smartphone out there are running Android OS as well. Losing at the end.

Adopting WinMo7 = Microsoft might end up buying Nokia completely and Nokia may become one of the Microsoft Branch. Losing badly in the end or suicidal. I hope not this option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
MohammadAG is doing a better job at fixing their bugs than they are!
nokia should put him in charge!
why in heavens name?!?

are you suggesting that sticking him to office where he can read email and do paperwork all day would make things better?

on an other hand he would have a lot of restrictions when working at nokias payroll, test builds etc would be internal only, ...

so imo he should be left doing what he does the best and rewarded somehow by the community,
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Android not a chance... More likely Winmobile in that case...

There also is rumors that Microsoft plans too bid on nokia :-/

I know that this is rumors but it can be true bot campanys loosing invesntments atm... Its could be a win/win situation...

But VERY bad for the opensource commonity if it happens.
Lets start some more rumors. I heard, and I'm not uncovering my source, Nokia is going to ship devices with iOS!!

Thats it. I'm out of hash, but after reading your post, I'm sure you smoked enough for a few days.

As for news. Sucks. Seemed like a bright fellow, a visionary.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
adopting either Windows Phone 7 or Android is effectively shutting down software development at Nokia. It is deciding that Nokia can't develop software at a competitive level to RIM, Apple, Google or Microsoft.
Why would you attract a CEO with experience in software development just to reach that conclusion?

If Maemo 6 is delayed or if it isn't sufficiently ready for mass-market end users, that could be a reason why Nokia would want a different VP in charge for MeeGo. Maemo 1 to 5 were developed by the same group but intended for a much smaller, much geekier audience.
Can the Maemo team deliver a mass-market i-OS/Android alternative?
We just don't know yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Lets start some more rumors. I heard, and I'm not uncovering my source, Nokia is going to ship devices with iOS!!

Thats it. I'm out of hash, but after reading your post, I'm sure you smoked enough for a few days.

As for news. Sucks. Seemed like a bright fellow, a visionary.
Lol.. Why not starting rumour like this.
Nokia will ship devices running Windows XP and Windows 7. Even better running OSX.

Nokia will now stop making OSs and deploying a blank device which support all sort of Mobile OSs.

Nokia device will have a AI chipped built in and will not require any OS in it. It will basically learn from your everyday commands and copy every other devices functionality by viewing it.

Don't start the impossible rumours lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Lol.. Why not starting rumour like this.
Nokia will ship devices running Windows XP and Windows 7. Even better running OSX.

Nokia will now stop making OSs and deploying a blank device which support all sort of Mobile OSs.

Nokia device will have a AI chipped built in and will not require any OS in it. It will basically learn from your everyday commands and copy every other devices functionality by viewing it.

Don't start the impossible rumours lol.
REDMOND, 25 October 2010. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE. Microsoft is proud to announce that Ari Jaaksi has joined the develop Windows Phone 7 team.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Jaaksi's vision of Maemo was actually a big influence for me to get the N900. Almost a year later I still enjoy many of those things listed in his blog post, and right now I'm a bit sad to hear him leave Nokia. Hopefully there are still lots of people sharing the same vision, Quim and others, who continue to support N900 and create wonderful MeeGo experiences in the future!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stonik View Post
Jaaksi's vision of Maemo was actually a big influence for me to get the N900. Almost a year later I still enjoy many of those things listed in his blog post, and right now I'm a bit sad to hear him leave Nokia. Hopefully there are still lots of people sharing the same vision, Quim and others, who continue to support N900 and create wonderful MeeGo experiences in the future!
Indeed. I will say that while the N900 vision was good, the MeeGo vision is better. Certainly, more open. Any other direction is only to go backwards on all the progress of the last several years.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Indeed. I will say that while the N900 vision was good, the MeeGo vision is better. Certainly, more open. Any other direction is only to go backwards on all the progress of the last several years.
A vision is useless in the hands of a person who lacks the discipline to do what needs to be done to make it happen.

Nokia is and has been the laughing stock of the phone world for at least 2 years now.

There is really only one reason MeeGo might do any good:
-Intel

Don't kid yourself man, N900 was an epic economic failure. Don't even get me started software and support wise.
In fact, if MeeGo doesn't do better than Maemo it will be their biggest failure ever, might just end up like Kin.

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
A vision is useless in the hands of a person who lacks the discipline to do what needs to be done to make it happen.

Nokia is and has been the laughing stock of the phone world for at least 2 years now.

There is really only one reason MeeGo might do any good:
-Intel

Don't kid yourself man, N900 was an epic economic failure. Don't even get me started software and support wise.
In fact, if MeeGo doesn't do better than Maemo it will be their biggest failure ever, might just end up like Kin.

Are you not using this failure device right now? Infact if you saying N900 is an economical failure then you meaning the whole NiT things?

Tags
suomiexitnok