Well, I purchased an N800 in hopes of being able to stream Rhapsody on my home audio system. After all, Rhapsody.com lists it as a recommended device to connect to Home Audio Systems. It does work, but for only about 5 to 10 minutes. I have the auto stop set to the max of 100 minutes. A common error I receive is "Content not available", but most of the time the application just hangs when buffering the next song. I usually have to either restart the app or the OS. My wireless connection indicates very good to excellent signal strength. I have tried both OS2007 and OS2008 with Rhapsody 2.1 and 3.1

Has anyone else been able to work out this issue or did most of you just abandon the idea all together? I tried contacting Rhapsody support, but they were clueless. Is Rhapsody or Nokia responsible? By the way I love the device for everything else, but Rhapsody.

Rhapsody on the Nokia tablet is not very robust, and one of the problems is that it does tend to hang when there's a communication error. However I found that it worked reliably enough most of the time around my house. Your problem is probably just a symptom of an unreliable wireless connection. If the signal strength is good and you're not moving around, it could be due to interference on the channel from another 2.4 GHz device nearby. Changing router channels might help.

I have to concur. In general, Rhapsody has been pretty good - getting hours worth of streaming at a time. Every once in a while it crashes and once or twice I had a "content not available" message. When I tried accessing the same content again, it worked.

So clearly, Rhapsody has its share of problems, but it should work better than you describe.

Martin

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Washington DC
I have the same problem with Rhapsody. I've tried it at home and via the T-Mobile/Starbucks Wi-Fi sites. I can't get a single song to complete. It seems like the software needs better buffering.

Originally Posted by clg View Post
Well, I purchased an N800 in hopes of being able to stream Rhapsody on my home audio system. After all, Rhapsody.com lists it as a recommended device to connect to Home Audio Systems. It does work, but for only about 5 to 10 minutes. I have the auto stop set to the max of 100 minutes. A common error I receive is "Content not available", but most of the time the application just hangs when buffering the next song. I usually have to either restart the app or the OS. My wireless connection indicates very good to excellent signal strength. I have tried both OS2007 and OS2008 with Rhapsody 2.1 and 3.1

Has anyone else been able to work out this issue or did most of you just abandon the idea all together? I tried contacting Rhapsody support, but they were clueless. Is Rhapsody or Nokia responsible? By the way I love the device for everything else, but Rhapsody.
Why don't you try to use Rhapsody just next to the router of your home? If it doesn't hang when you are close enough to the source of the wireless signal then you must assume that there's a problem with the distance between the router and the sound system.

Originally Posted by clg View Post

Some advice
1. Always search songs by artist
2. If you get 'Content Not Available' just press the back button on your IT and try again.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I used to have the same problem and then I switched routers and can stream for hours, when I tether I still get problems. Rhapsody seems to want a rock solid wireless connection to be happy.

I ended up disabling all wireless encryption and only allowing specific MAC addresses to connect to my router. While not the most secure solution, not too bad. This significantly improved my Rhapsody performance. Not that I'm without issues, but can now stream music for hours rather then minutes.