Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
Originally Posted by Claknorion View Post
I seem to remain stuck on 'registering' it will just jump back to 'error' and wants me to put the code in manually, again...

So i tried editing the whatsup.conf file (which btw didn't work with the 'nano' command, but fine i got there). I entered username/password etc. So it actually launched the aplication now, i can change settings etc. BUT it still says connection 'error'.

I have no clue how to fix it... any idea's? Thanks!
I had the same problem.Then I realized that I was typing my information wrong to conf file.This is how it should be (EXACTLY) :

[General]
Username=90543456543
Password="WART password with quotes"
Language=en
BackgroundOpacity=5
PersonalVibrate=Yes
GroupVibrate=Yes
ShakeToActivate=Yes
SwipeDownActivate=Yes
ConnectionStatus=disconnected

1) Leave connection status disconnected
2) Do not use double quotes in username
3) Use double quotes in password
4) Do not use 00's in your username.My country code is 90 in this example.( not a valid phone number btw )

If you don't want to deal with nano and terminal thing just copy whatsup.conf file from cepiperez folder to your MyDocs folder and edit it in Windows.Then re-copy your edited file with original one.You don't need to root permissions to do that.

Last edited by trayhoper; 2014-06-06 at 23:22. Reason: additional info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trayhoper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
seems that I will be having some down time with my Jolla and have to go back to my N9 (which actually doesn't sound bad at all )

Judging from previous pages in this thread there is going to be some problems with whatsapp registration. So my question is, is there going to be problems for everyone for sure? And is that solution given in post before this one going to work for everyone or only to specifig problem?

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Tamil Nadu, India
The solution will work for everyone having problems with registration.

And I got mine working yesterday though I had to use my n900 and Yappari for the password. Having fun now. Thanks to Coderus and special thanks to Scorpius!

Hey guys can anyone help me I really don't know what i'm doing wrong:
-I enter nano
-Move down with Ctrl-V
-Type Username= Number without the +
-Type Password= "The long one from WART"

And Whatsup starts running but never connects, I checked if everything I typed was correct and it was, I thought maybe the problem was because I pressed enter to move down instead of Ctrl-v, I did it again but this time with Ctrl-V and still nothing. It's not connecting.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
what problem in using arrows to navigate?

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
what problem in using arrows to navigate?
I mean, I thought my problem was using enter to move down after typing the Username part. I used the arrows and everything and still nothing.
The number is correct and the Password is correct too with the double quotation marks and everything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

afaik username and password key names are in lower case, first letter shouldn't be uppercase

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
afaik username and password key names are in lower case, first letter shouldn't be uppercase
Oh I will try again keeping this in mind. Thanks.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Taranto, ITALY
Hi,
I tried to get run whatsup on my N9, but no way!
I set the username and password generated with WART in the config file and they are used by app according the the logs.

Here is my config file (username and password are fake but they looks like the right ones)
[General]
Language=en
BackgroundOpacity=5
Username=391231234567
Password=xZSP2q+bN8q2g3O5u0WZ4sI51aC

I launch the app from SSH
/opt/whatsup/bin/whatsup

and I get a connection error.
Here is the full log for reference: http://pastebin.com/Fgdt47mS
PLEASE NOTE that I have replaced the real username and password with some placeholders which look similar to give you an idea of what data I entered there..

Unless I did some big mistakes I would say that this method DOESN'T WORK.
I have not sniffed the traffic nor checked which API the app uses..
Is there an easy way to get more logs from the app?

Do you see anything wrong in what I do?
Sometime I got authentication failed errors too... but that the password that WART returns to me..

Any hint??

tonight whatsapp had problems and nobody can connect, but whatsapp servers are working right now and you can try again

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp