Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Well, i was planning to join in the party, maybe I can make some random designing gasp

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I honestly don't have anything worthy to show
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Nice to be mentioned in that list, but after reading up on the summit and scratching my head for a while I can't for the life of me think of anything that I could possibly contribute, unfortunately.
The point of a conference is not only to show; but to learn, collaborate and discuss. You don't need to present to either get something out of it personally; provide some insight to someone who is presenting; or shoot-the-breeze with people about the tablets and what they can do and where they are going.

The summit will be exponentially more useful and valuable (to me at least) the more attendees there are. Presentations, BoFs and lightning sessions will be fun; but I don't want to go there and just:

a) talk to the people I talk to on IRC all the time
b) talk to other developers.

I want to learn from people I've not heard in the past!

So, please - both of you (and anyone else wondering if they should go) - reconsider your "something to contribute" and realise that your mere presence will enrich the experience for everyone.

20 developers sat in a room can be awfully lonely, but it will make buying rounds of beer cheaper ;-)

Last edited by Jaffa; 2008-07-04 at 20:25. Reason: Minor grammar correction

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
...So, please - both of you (and anyone else wondering if they should go) - reconsider your "something to contribute" and realise that your mere presence will enrich the experience for everyone.

20 developers sat in a room can be awfully lonely, but it will make buying rounds of beer cheaper ;-)
110% agree!

bun

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I share the surprise. In fact that list is of people that have written more than 1000 posts ın these forums. 1000 posts or more! And you say you have nothıng to contrıbute?

Just register, get your travel sorted out, follow the activity pre-summit and see you in Berlin!

(Alright, being a minor doesn't help, indeed. There will be chances in the future.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I was considering going anyway, i was just saying that i'm not eligible for the sponsorship

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
I'm planning to attend but maybe I can attend with a HD camcorder and video everything for the community? Is that a useful contribution?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baloo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
I'm planning to attend but maybe I can attend with a HD camcorder and video everything for the community? Is that a useful contribution?
Definitely!

Great! I'll email you. I have to try to arrange a few things (locations, maybe interviewee's, anything you'd like to see recorded, e.t.c).

I think there is a lot of interest in the Maemo summit but there's a lot of people who can't attend. This way they can get the information along with the 'feel' for the event and hopefully drum up even more support for the second Maemo summit.

No need for private emails. Organization via wiki is the best, so other can provide additional ideas and help. Thanks!

Also remember to register, so everybody know who is going. I have got already emails from people confirming that they will go but still haven't registered. Please!

I've already registered and yes, the wiki would be the best place to arrange this. Thanks.

Tags
maemo.org