Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
If Jolla want to be the next big thing they should support FP2!
Lolwut?...
I agree, however nice Fairphone is, it is marginal phenomenon just as Jolla is.
Sony, OTOH is a player of another tier. Having Sony for partner is importance of an order of magnitude greater than partnering with FP.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I want official SFOS for FP2. Yes the community editions works well, thanks to the developers, but official version should be prioritized.

MAPS and dalvik thank you Jolla and Fairphone for not listening.

If FP2 is serious about enviroment trhey should listen!
If Jolla want to be the next big thing they should support FP2!
Jolla did everything they could with Fairphone, at the end of the day it was Fairphone who chose not to pursue an official device.

Clearly Fairphone thought it was not worth doing, and considering they are struggling to survive right now I guess it would have spread them a little too thin.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Mike, anything else you rant about will invariably be turned into how your decision was not supported; not the other way around. Simply stated, blame Fairphone if you're unwilling to blame yourself.

Sony + Jolla? Okay, perhaps now that means I'll get a device that'll work in the US on our weird as hell frequencies.

Good times indeed.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Just to temper the excitement here, this doesn't sound like Sony has decided to start selling Sailfish OS on their devices. From what I have read, they have a program called Sony Open Devices Program that allows a developer to create a custom AOSP ROM and to then upload it to one of their devices, presumably not invalidating the warranty and providing some degree of support. It sounds like Jolla have found some way to create such a ROM. I assume you would still be buying your standard Sony phone in the shop with some sort of version of Android installed, and that through some sort of process, you would then reflash it with the custom ROM (ie. Sailfish). Presumably, this installation won't invalidate your warranty, and you would still go to Sony if HW issues existed, but I imagine if issues exist with the OS, you are on your own. Also, people questioning whether Alien Dalvik will be supported? Of course it will.

Not that I am complaining. All I ever wanted was to be able to buy a decent specced phone that wasn't complete garbage, that had support for Android and where things like camera/bluetooth/etc all worked, and that such a device that had some degree of support. This ticks all my boxes.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Well if this Sony devices are the new developer devices. I don't think that Sony is offering the devices but Jolla. So that would probably mean, that you can buy Sony devices with preinstalled Sailfish over the Jolla store...

And if so, I will definitely buy one

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
I believed if one of these big companies like lg sony samsung etc started to support SFOS officially it would play big role for that company in the future.
Now when sony started this i say that this company will get much bigger. Sfos has so much potential big company like sony can use all of it. At last we, my friends will get the best smartphones in the world!!! Sony will be next Nokia because of this choice i say to you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Finnally official Sailfish-devices with non-crappy-build-quality?

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Finally a high device! THNKS JOLLA.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-02-27 at 19:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
oh
my
gosh...

Meanwhile, nobody posted the price for Inoi, if I am not mistaken. Well, snapdragon 210, 2Gb ram, 16 Gb... for $200! Just are you serious?

So, I guess, waiting for Sony? Maybe...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Video! Camera app has seen some love in new coming release.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/jolla-mwc-2017/

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, mwc 2017, sailfish os, sony xperia