Notices

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
On the other hand, what's up with the guy who was programming applenvy theme?

It was very nice and polished, but not completely usable in its last release, so I was waiting for it to be ready, but I hear no news from a long time.

I just sent an email to its developer...

http://shrimpdesign.com/applenvy/
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4209

EDIT: I just noticed that there is also the source available on his site. If I do not receive any news or if he says he has no time to proceed with the development, maybe someone of us could do some effort

Last edited by maxilogan; 2007-07-23 at 15:07.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
EDIT: I just noticed that there is also the source available on his site. If I do not receive any news or if he says he has no time to proceed with the development, maybe someone of us could do some effort
As it's based on the LCARS_PADD theme, it may be next to impossible.
Read what they have to say about the new firmware:

WARNING:These themes have an incompatibility with Nokia's July 6, 2007, software update for N800 (version 4.2007.26-8) which results in the original statusbar and task navigator icons failing to be restored upon uninstallation of a theme. So, pending a workaround, do not install LCARS on the new OS (unless you want to keep it.

More about that here and here.

Doesn't look that good...

Originally Posted by loki View Post
Hey. Do you mean the themes from this location?
http://maemo.lancode.de/?path=./themes
I made some font changes to non-default themes too. But i am waiting for permission to release them. For example i am waiting for permission from author of the excellent plankton-theme.

greetz,
loki
I installed "themes-os07-14pt-0.1-1.deb" because it offers a dark theme. So dark in fact that the statusbar clock and some keyboard features are nearly blacked out. I can get by with those issues since the theme looks so good, but I've found that Opera crashes A LOT when using this theme.

BTW: I wasn't sure it would work anyway since I'm using a N770, running OS2006. Thanks!

Themes made with the current version of Theme Maker fail to install on the July 6 firmware because the tar command (provided by busybox version 1.4.1-1osso2.2) won't read the tar files produced by Theme Maker:

Code:
dpkg --info NuvoBlack.deb

new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 640566 bytes: control archive= 698 bytes.
tar: invalid number ' 12265'
dpkg-deb: subprocess tar returned error exit status 1
Konttori could possibly fix the problem by using a different Java library to create his tar files in a future version of Theme Maker, but all these broken themes would need to be repackaged to work again. It would be much nicer if Nokia would fix the problem by re-adding support for this type of tar file in an updated busybox.

--

Originally Posted by Frankowitz View Post
As [Applenvy is] based on the LCARS_PADD theme, it may be next to impossible.
The pre-release of Applenvy is actually based on version 1.0.1 of the LCARS theme, which was made with Theme Maker 0.85; it fails to install on the new firmware just like other Theme Maker themes, and could be fixed the same way.

LCARS 2.0 on the other hand - the current version, which fails to uninstall properly on the latest N800 firmware - wasn't packaged with Theme Maker. A Nokia developer suggested that we use dpkg-divert in our install scripts and avoid the need to include copyrighted Nokia files in our packages. Our themes would simply backup the existing graphics from the user's device during the installation. It sounded like a good idea, so we went ahead and packaged our own debs (using GNU tar and ar) for the 2.0 release. It worked great until the latest N800 firmware came out in July with a broken dpkg-divert (caused by a broken awk implementation which, incidentally, is also provided by busybox). Nokia has been made aware of the problems (see Maemo bugs #1628 and #1637) and hopefully they'll resolve them soon.

Here are some handy links from our wiki:
http://synthesize.us/LCARS_PADD/control_scripts/FAQ
http://synthesize.us/HOWTO_make_a_deb_archive

Anyone notice two new hildon themes have been released?
They just popped up in my app manager list the other day.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Nantes (France)
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Anyone notice two new hildon themes have been released?
They just popped up in my app manager list the other day.
How are they labeled? I'm not able to see them in my list of available applications... Any specific repository?
TIA.
http://blog.lmartin.fr

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I'm hoping the next firmware release will come soon, as that will address the theme maker theme problem as well.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
It's not a packaging problem ... it s specific with the post process script that use dpkg-divert to save the old theme. But as many know all dpkg tool are broken on the n800 latest firmware ... due to a tar option not supported .... ****ing busybox !

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
It's not a packaging problem ... it s specific with the post process script that use dpkg-divert to save the old theme. But as many know all dpkg tool are broken on the n800 latest firmware ... due to a tar option not supported .... ****ing busybox !
Blame lies solely on Nokia for that error.
Someone on their team didn't do a good job with the BusyBox tools recompile.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
What and where can we find these 2 mysterious "Hildon" themes you speak of iball ?