Notices

Look at my working in progress...

This is the desktop...

This is the application top bar...

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
hey someone else , my sugestion is a black theme , i havent got to try nuvoblack , as it wont work , i just want a dark theme for mine
I agree I want a black theme but there surten applications that wont work because you can bearly see the text so a black theme with white background for apps would be perfect

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i totally agree , could anybody develop a way to have a black theme , but be able to specify what color you want the text to be? i use the adria app myself , what id like to see is i guess you could call it an industrial type theme , dark grey/black plates with rivets. kinda know what i mean?

Well, I don't know why the .debs won't work for certain themes (like NuvoBlack), but if you extract the files from them, and copy them to the appropriate locations manually, it works just fine.

If anyone's curious, here's how I did it (I'll use NuvoBlack.deb as an example):

Create a new directory, and put the theme (in .deb form) in it:
Code:
mkdir nuvoblack
cp NuvoBlack.deb nuvoblack/
Move into that directory:
Code:
cd nuvoblack
Extract the files:
Code:
dpkg-deb -x NuvoBlack.deb ./
Copy the files where they need to go (note the periods in this command, they're important:
Code:
cp -rfp ./usr/share/themes/NuvoBlack/ /usr/share/themes
cp -rfp ./home/user/.opera/skin/NuvoBlack.zip /home/user/.opera/skin/
You're done! Activate the theme like you normally would.

Feel free to let me know if I've overlooked anything.

Oh, on a slightly unrelated note, does the Plankton theme have a background that comes with it? The stock 4 that come with the device are ok, but none of them really go well with the theme.

I have Modified the NuvoBlack theme (Konttori If you dont mind) To be black with white backgrounds in menus and applications so its now more usable....

For thos interested is in my FTP Server PM me and ill give you the info....
And by the way is a work in progress still not fully polish I am still working on replacing some buttons , etc...

Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
I have Modified the NuvoBlack theme (Konttori If you dont mind) To be black with white backgrounds in menus and applications so its now more usable....

For thos interested is in my FTP Server PM me and ill give you the info....
And by the way is a work in progress still not fully polish I am still working on replacing some buttons , etc...
Question for you. I repackaged the NuvoBlack theme as well (link here), but I'm having an issue with the scroll buttons looking wonky under Opera (Mozilla is unaffected). I know it's something in the /home/user/.opera/skin/NuvoBlack.zip file, but for the life of me, I don't know what. Did you get around that?

I didnt replace those so I wouldnt know....
By the way I just made a update to my release for those who use mine allready

Last edited by SeRi@lDiE; 2007-07-22 at 18:25.

That's weird. All I did was take the original, expand the files, and then repack them. People were complaining that it causes Opera to crash, which I verified. Odd. Oh well.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by SebaSOFT View Post
I have a great theme in the making, but I have to make menus to be colored, is this possible?
Really, guess we're all waiting for it, the work in progress is great