Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
I may join and bring e.g. some of my n810/n800 controlled DIY USB hardware like the i2c-tiny-usb and the tiltstick.

But since our second child is to be born end of august i can't guarantee anything. One option would be to bring my then 18 month old daughter with me the 500km to berlin. She really likes the n810 and enjoys video conferencing with her mother between bedroom and living room. But she especially enjoys pulling out the n810's stylus and carefully putting it back in place.
Great, although don't ask me to change nappies, I've had more than my fair share of those

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
We need help at https://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2008/Organization. In only one week the participation has increased considerably but still I'm handling most of the responsibility. We need other people being officially in charge of something, like Jamie is doing with the video stuff (thank you!).

I have some responsibilities that are difficult if not impossible to delegate out of Nokia (anything related to money and contracts, basically). You really want me to concentrate on these. Please check the link above and see if you can substitute a "Who?" by your name.

For instance, who takes the schedule of Saturday, the 100% community day?

Thanks!

Last edited by qgil; 2008-07-19 at 07:29.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
For those of you wondering why some people gets sponsorship accepted while others are waiting: http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ly/000480.html

Note also that many sponsorship requests have being discarded, they just don't appear in the listing.

I'm not accustomed to this sort of event and the terminology is not all clear to me (Bof, tracks etc.).

Is it possible to do a presentation on a topic that will not fit in 5 minutes (lightning talk) but doesn't need one hour either, say 15-20 minutes ? When and how would that fit ?

Yes, it is possible. Friday has 30' presentations (all taken, though) and the schedule on Saturday is defined 100% by the community. It's in your hands.

Thanks. I'll propose that on the Saturday schedule then.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Can I still apply for sponsorship? I've already registered without appliance but I have faced some troubles with money, so...

Originally Posted by wazd View Post
Can I still apply for sponsorship? I've already registered without appliance but I have faced some troubles with money, so...
Sponsorship can be requested before August 1st by those feeling that fit in the criteria.

If you already registered I need to know who are you in the listing and de-register you. The you can register again requesting sponsorship. No need to bother the whole forum about this: send an email to quim.gil at nokia com.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Thaks a lot.

Anyone want to be in charge of setting up a mini exhibit, maybe for the OSiM Maemo booth and/or the Maemo Summit: https://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Maemo_Su...8#Mini_Exhibit

Tags
maemo.org