Notices

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Hi all,

Use Tweego every day, but since the update I can't get in as well. Asked for a pin, could not find a code or enter anything.. A webpage at Twitter could not be opened. Than the 'allow' button was gone. I don't see an update yet so I hope it will work soon again! I 'l try Twitter itself for a while.

Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
Hum... I changed the informations saved on the device so maybe that's why it is breaking.

I'll add a script do delete the config file to solve this.
Any chance for an auto update option

Works perfect for me.

Only one problem detected. If pin code starts with 0, after paste, 0 is removed automatically. I had to request a new pin and run perfect.

Thanks for this app.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
Where do you get the pin code from?
Alas I completely uninstalled tweego last night, cleaned any lingering files >
rebooted then reinstalled..... still getting the same problems : (

the only active option in the app is to create a new account > then 'Allow Tweego' which still results in the unknown network error......sigh

Originally Posted by ggroen View Post
Hi all,

Use Tweego every day, but since the update I can't get in as well. Asked for a pin, could not find a code or enter anything.. A webpage at Twitter could not be opened. Than the 'allow' button was gone. I don't see an update yet so I hope it will work soon again! I 'l try Twitter itself for a while.
I don't know if I understood it right but the allow button is not showing for you? That's pretty odd, try reinstall TweeGo to see if it works...

Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
Where do you get the pin code from?
Alas I completely uninstalled tweego last night, cleaned any lingering files >
rebooted then reinstalled..... still getting the same problems : (

the only active option in the app is to create a new account > then 'Allow Tweego' which still results in the unknown network error......sigh
Well, you're probably getting an timeout error. Does it take a while to show the error banner or it appears right after you click the button?

I'll try to raise the timeout timer for the next release to see if it solves the problem.

Download it at Maemo Garage or at extras-devel

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhail_ramalho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
Alas it's a couple of seconds after hitting the button,
tried it connected to a couple of wireless networks and also just on 3g to see if it made a difference.

Given that i've removed it, rebooted the n900 and re-installed and it still fails..... wondering if i'm missing some dependancies?
Although I guess not as the app installs ok.

Very puzzling, i'll keep perservering with it though.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Hi, The newest version of Tweego works for me after a reinstall. The first time I guess I couldn't get connected to the Twitter page soon enough to get a code. i did not get a second chance. Now it worked as it should.

Last edited by ggroen; 2011-03-30 at 19:14.

this happened to me, couldnt log in , message saying invalid name & password & network related problems, even though I knew all details were correct..

i had uninstalled & reinstalled countless times.

turned out what i think the problem was, after an unrelated reboot & battery removal, i inputted the date incorrectly.

soon as I corrected this everything is working 100%

I wont tell you how long i wasted trying everything before this!! Doh!

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
somehow, it hasn't been able to connect for the last 2 days... not just this but tweedsuit as well... is it twitter's problem? i can connect to twitter on my laptop though
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Thank you for this software.

My personal use of Twitter is to "start where I left off" and read from older posts to newer ones. I'm currently scrolling back trying to find where I left off more than I'm reading :-(

To facilitiate MY usage scenario I have a few feature requests:

.) When changing from portrait to landscape or back I'm always taken to the most recent tweet. Stop that! I'm scrolling more than reading. Please maintain one tweet (top or bottom, I don't care) on the screen after pivoting.

.) Please add a setting option to "Remember" the time of the last tweet loaded from the previous session and loads (up to a maximum of say 500) tweets to that point.

.) Please add an option to show for ALL Tweets the actual time of the tweet. If at lunch I stopped reading at a tweet from "2 hours ago" and its now early evening how far back do I need to go? Given that some people re-tweet the same message an hour or two later, it's hard to tell if you're at the correct location.

... Just a couple of suggestions...

Tags
tweego, twitter