Notices

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
well, that's the final dealbreaker. i unistalled monav again. i would put up with non-functional street search and missing non-ascii chars -- but being dropped on a map w/o any indication where i am, renders the thing useless.
I noticed that street name rendering is now more or less implemented in monav's source repo, so I decided to spin a new package with the latest updates and the suggestions made in this thread.

I also uploaded it into extras-devel, so it's now much easier to install.

Feedback welcome!

Notes:

- the binary map format has changed, so you need new maps. This means compiling monav-preprocesser yourself, or using the maps I put here.

- I haven't tested marble-monav integration.

The Following User Says Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Thanks. Am i right that the public available mapsets need updates? I had to downgrade during travel because the current ones (from April) won't be accepted.

Hello,

I have a VPS that I'm thinking of using to preprocess certain maps in almost real time and then use the N900 as a client that will have most of the maps that I could want already installed. Could this work?

is someone still maintaining monav? i wanted to give it a try again, but the version seems to be the same i treid the last time -- and monav has apprently moved to 0.3-6 already ...

tried to build myself, but documentation of/scratchbox/scratchbox2/madd/... has gotten even more confusing over the last year.

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
is someone still maintaining monav? i wanted to give it a try again, but the version seems to be the same i treid the last time -- and monav has apprently moved to 0.3-6 already ...
That version works pretty good. I have a full vector map of Germany and offline routing on my phone

Any particular problem with it?