Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
My older post was a joke, really, seriously, I am interested in the first post in this part :

for you to buy the GTA04-NeoNinehundred board only, instead of the complete Neo900 device, to upgrade any N900 you already may have)

The Following User Says Thank You to samipower For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
^This is digital orgasm for live concerts (aka "shows") recording fanatics like me, too. It *was* possible on N900, although using bulky and battery-life inefficient method of having external audio card connected to N900 via hostmode, then, stereo microphones to it.

Now, if we're going to be able to connect external stereo microphone via jack line-in on device itself, then it's a heaven. Build-in stereo mic, albeit not so crucial, is nice, too.

/Estel
Neo900 guys: don't add it. If it adds more people who record concerts even though there are cameras and hundreds of other people who are recording it on their phone, and block other people who actually want to enjoy the concert don't add it. And it adds to the price, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to byteninja2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Really now?
And this is what? A honest contribution/request on how to define the device requirement specs?
C'mon! And no, this won't cost a cent, as I already elaborated in a previous post in this very thread :-(*). We will not drop or ignore options that we/you already paid for, not based on weird pseudo-moral and not based on individual preferences driven by other considerations.
And I already explained that we won't go for cheap since we can't anyway, so we will go for feature monster, as long as it doesn't break maemo5 compatibility.

*) See http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta0.../GTA04.sch.pdf page 7, U401AUDIO pin F1(AUXL) and G1(AUXR)

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-09-11 at 02:53.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ rochester
I was inder the impression that a kick starter funded project would include all of that, you give them the specs and they help figure out the amout of captial that is required based on the specs. Telling them that you want the hardware to be maemo compatible goes with out saying.

The Following User Says Thank You to PWN900 For This Useful Post:
I think we need somewhere for a Neo900 wiki, mostly to get some stuff going about software porting issues but also hardware stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
gentlemen, i thought it would be nice to have a comparison table for the specification updates(features,hardwares etc).
so we have the clue how different would it be side by side.

like the ubuntu edge did a table vs samsung vs iphone.
instead, make it n900 vs neo900

good idea / bad idea?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndhikaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ rochester
Not to sure that will help due to the cost difference of hardware base on consumer volume. just because some other device has it does not mean we can implement it because it is cheaper for a huge conglomerate to afford certain hardware based on such a large volume of devices, It would be nice to see the options people have posted in some neat kind of spread sheet just for the neo900

The Following User Says Thank You to PWN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
I think we need somewhere for a Neo900 wiki, mostly to get some stuff going about software porting issues but also hardware stuff.
I agree with jonwil, its difficult to read the entire thread again and again every day to catch up.

A wiki along with this discussion thread would be helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to bvaibhav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
joerg_rw,

How soon can we expect the neo900, just thinkin...
The sooner, the better.
From what I see, pple have great ideas while are & should contribute to the project, just confirmin when this platform closes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Freddie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ndhikaa View Post
gentlemen, i thought it would be nice to have a comparison table for the specification updates(features,hardwares etc).
so we have the clue how different would it be side by side.

like the ubuntu edge did a table vs samsung vs iphone.
instead, make it n900 vs neo900

good idea / bad idea?
If you want, you, of course, can do it. But there is an small difference between Ubuntu Edge campaign and our. Ubuntu Edge is (OK, it isn't, and probably never will be) HighEnd.
It wasn't targeting geeks, it was targeting people who want HighEnd.

Neo900 is not HighEnd. 1Ghz CPU / 512 M - RAM compared with SGS IV or new iPhone? No. This is not a good idea.

The Neo900 is trying to be HW'n'SW hackable - linux ( NOT Android ) pocket PC (NOT phone).

If you want to create comparison table, compare it with N900, N9 and maybe GTA* devices.
Remember:: Our target users are Linux users.

EDIT: argh, sorry, i didn't read your post carefully. That's especially what you mean

>> The Wiki page: Sure! Good idea! Wiki is better place for "project overview" and "progress".

#lexik

Last edited by lexik; 2013-09-11 at 13:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lexik For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!