Active Topics

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
hello dear fellow

if you want my advice ,, I have both N900 as a primary work phone and N9 as a personal phone and love both of them..

N900 as from my point of view is strong solid one more than N9 even though not enough supported apps

N9 is running smoothly depends how you use it and light comparing to N900

if you are a normal user only caring about FB and Whatsup then go for it cause it is better than yappari in N900

also you tube and watching videos is more fun than N900

Battery consumption in N900 is a bit faster than N9 and am facing this now

if you want more experience and more apps with a reasonable budget.. then go for MOTO G mid range but powerful...

The Following User Says Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
It's 2014. If i was in your position, i would definitely go for a Jolla. I've had N900, N9 and now Jolla (since December) and i never had the feeling, i want to go back to N9, because:
  • sdcard support
  • no need for nitdroid, because of android compatibility
  • changeable battery
  • real root-access, no aegis
  • much smoother and faster than N9
  • much better battery life than N9
  • extremely fast growing number of native apps compared to apps not working / being developed on N9 anymore
  • TOH-concept, with exciting stuff like QWERTY-TOH

plus: after having used abandoned systems for almost 4 years, it really feels good, to use a system, that is "alive" with new exciting stuff happening every week.

only thing, that was better at N9, was the display in my opinion, but when you come from N900, you won't miss it

Last edited by Leinad; 2014-04-08 at 06:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ india
i use n9 as my only personal and everday use phone...its just awsome...its been 2 and a.half years since i fell in love with it...never had feeling of made a wrong choice...ofcourse apps are less...but u will blow your friends brain out....if u want a n9 experiance in a android phone....belive me go for moto x or jolla...

The Following User Says Thank You to jeff7867 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I still use N9 as my primary (and only phone).

My reasons are:
I don't want to surrender to Android
Both WP and iphone are not even considerable (surrender to MS or Apple).
It has all what I need: skype (trying to get rid of it but no use), email, web, phone, gtalk, messages, basic document viewing and basic games.

Yes it's aging, becoming slower and sluggish but so far there is nothing that can replace it fully (for my use cases) :/

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-04-08 at 11:29.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
Let those will not compare H9 and iPhone 5s, these devices in different weight categories ....

but for the money that now quencies N9 smartphone you will not find better!

I have both n9 and iPhone and android devices ... BUT until n9 remains the primary device and I do not think that in the near regular time that you replace him .. well, except that Jolla

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
Using abilities of N9. Listing in descending
1. You know, if you wanna have a lot of fun with POWER OF LINUX (learning of basicsc terminal,developing your IQ and ability of fixings) enjoy wirh pleasure!!! In this case the best gadget!!!

2. You can also use it as main phone (in most case), as it said it comes from the box with everything what needs to be as a main phone. But, one but, the but is that you always have to understand and keep in mind that this is yes 2011s phone flagman but using in 2014.
a)Calls - everything you need to call+free call recorder+not bad speaker,hearing good.
b)contacts - unlimited memory+sync your Nokia/Google/Facebook/Twitter...and much much more(very good for 2011s smatphone in 2014)+you can view all of contacts and can show each accaunts contacts separatly - very usefull,i loveit
c)messaging - too! + you can messaging in your Messages app not only via SMS but with all of your contacts synced from your accaunts-no need to go to Facebook (example) or some else social site,just sit and recive/sent your messages to your social acc contacts.
d) camera+gallery+player - good quality+taggs,geo,beatiful gallery viewing images+not so functional,but enoughly if you wanna just listen music(dolby quality)
e)and very beatiful UI with just swipping - this is the pleasure for me to use N9, just swipe it and it gives me pleasure just swipe and close,just one swipe and swerve the window. As it said - Love at first Swipe
but ofcourse not so functional,not so strong battery life as 2013-2014 smarts,but again yes still useful - it can be used as main phone!

3) you can not use and accustom Meego Harmattan if you came from EASY using,not friendly for fixing issues then you absolutely do not buy and then dont crap this beatiful device - this device loves those who love to fix issues

about other OS's - Nitdroid port is older than Sailfish port,so for now its (Andorid) working better than Sailfish on N9 and better than our also lovely N900. About what is not working, please make a search and read (read read and read) about what is working,what is not working for now and what will never work - go to nitdroid site,find the latest relase (for now it Alpha 5) and read all about this. Im using quadruple OS on my N9 -meego(full working)+android(80/90% of phone functionalities working)+Sailfish(60/70 maybe can be said 80% working)+firefox os(60/70% working).

and all of these was wroughted from my N9 64GB Also plus is 64GB.

PS: if had enough money i would be continue this device and this OS manufacturing and developing (in global power) but i dont have money for it ) if this OS will be developed and supported by Nokia in it full power this device and OS will be the best usefull featured OS for now,more than android more than ios....Oh God, where is justice

The Following User Says Thank You to TonyUkuk For This Useful Post:
I have an 64GB N9 I bought new last year. I'm in the US with Droid and Apple everywhere with excellent 3.5G coverage. For me, it's been a great phone does what I need. Great size and functionality. Don't use a lot of apps so no troubles No plans to replace and I may even pick up a spare. I only use my other phone for photo outings: Nokia 808.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin042068 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
I bought my N9 in september 2013. It's the 64GB cyan version.

I really love the versability and hackability of this phone, you won't be dissapointed!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, I really like the n9 for many of the reasons stated in previous posts but it still does not meet many of my needs so it sits in a box. Although I will bring it out soon and dust it off for a group shot of my phones. I have a diverse family...

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Croatia
Thank you everybody for such detailed replies

On my N900 I mostly surf the web, listen to internet radio and music, chat on Yappari, watch YouTube videos and take some pictures with my camera...
the thing that I want but I dont have is better photo viewer(album), better flash support and a nice browser because I use opera which i okay,but not great. I also need dedicated Facebook app with notification system, offline navi and maps and I also need some cloud storage implemented in phone system... Can N9 serve me with all these apps?

EDIT: I also need documents viewer and simple editor, for working with word, and pdf files

And how hard is it to get used to on-screen keyboard after N900?
cheers

Last edited by natko_maniac; 2014-04-08 at 14:26.

Tags
nemo mobile, nokia n9