Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
It will be working. (With the 850/1900 modem) As TMO-US mainly uses 1900 for 3G...
Chen:

1900 is for GSM in North America.
T-Mobile uses 1700/ 2100 for 3g and LTE

As for myself I would like to purchase one. And if it is wifi only, that is ok as I can tether to my phone.

And yes I understand that you must build it as a copy? of the Jolla tablet because of the OS.

Last edited by ka9yhd; 2017-06-24 at 05:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
I would prefer the 3G version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have no need for 3G. Especially when I use wi-fi for all of my tablets and tether.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Great to hear that this is closer to being reality. Will be buying one for sure. I am always worried breiking my Jolla tablet since it is my goto tablet nowadays.

I personally would have no need for 3g as you can always use teathering if without wifi.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
The same for me, just as the majority of people here have already stated: I will purchase one, 3G would be nice, but is not really needed.

But as adding a 3G modem complicates a couple of things (>= 3 SKUs {no modem, EU, US}, etc.), involves risks (makes the hardware different than the Jolla tablet from SFOS's perspective) and costs quite some time and money to design, test, implement and produce, my suggestion is: Do not do it.

Last edited by olf; 2017-06-24 at 05:11.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Keep in mind that the Nokia N9 had 5 bands for 3g in it, and it happens to work with T-Mobile here in the US.

850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
WiFi only is good enough for me, I will use tethering when I need 4G.

Do you have any update on the custom taxes? Are they included or not (shipping destination = Belgium)? Thanks & keep going !

Cheers,
Dylan

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Modulebaan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Modulebaan View Post
WiFi only is good enough for me, I will use tethering when I need 4G.

Do you have any update on the custom taxes? Are they included or not (shipping destination = Belgium)? Thanks & keep going !

Cheers,
Dylan
A good enough wifi could probably be more than enough (thanks to tethering!), I'd rather use the space for something else...finger print sensor? NFC? Some other sensor?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thank you for all the suggestions and responses, it's very helpful.

In my personal opinion, I prefer to have 3G because:

- I can have a spare SIM that can receive messages, extremely useful when I am living in China: As almost everything in China now requires a phone number to register(in order to spam you). So I have a separate number just for registering take away/banking/other spam services, and keep my main number free of (most) junks. With a 3G on board I can then do everything in one device. Not the same case in England though.

- I feel more "complete" with the 3G modem on board. As this device was designed back in its time, we reserved the space for 3G and the original ID has two slots on the side, just feel more "complete" with everything.

I do concern the SW and battery (also software) though. However, in theory the 3G version should be compatible with the current SW (with the 3G bit missing), and maybe can manually add the missing bit. But I agree, don't want to cause more flux which result to a delay.

So in conclusion, we will check if adding 3G will cause extra cost or delays then decide. Make the device hitting market is the first priority.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
This will be the keyboard cover:

Large image
Attached Images

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os