Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany / Karlsruhe
hello all.
i riddle why i can't access to the community section to join brainstorming or even request or give solutions.
all the time it.complains not knowing my username. but basically i am registered to talk.maemo.org - am i doing something wrong? i'm confused a bit. what's the.trick?

regards,
tim.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
There is (unfortunately) currently three different logins at maemo.org: Talk, Bugzilla, and everything else (including Brainstorm). So you need to register a new account there.

There's work being done on having just a single sign on for all of maemo.org though.

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Unfortunately, like many things, this is something that everyone has agreed on and no-one has actually been able to make happen. Maybe when the new servers are up and running healthily. Maybe.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany / Karlsruhe
oh. ok thanks for that hint.
but when i try register an additional account it says my name is already taken. so the portals are synchronized... - and i need to choose another name for each login ??? :-O

Originally Posted by kontur View Post
oh. ok thanks for that hint.
but when i try register an additional account it says my name is already taken. so the portals are synchronized... - and i need to choose another name for each login ??? :-O
faced the same problem, but my name wasn't taken in other parts of the site, so it's not synced.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Unfortunately, like many things, this is something that everyone has agreed on and no-one has actually been able to make happen. [...]
AIUI, work on SSO is still ongoing. I haven't checked recently though. Has something changed?

I was having the same problem, so I tried registering a completely different username in community. I received the email verification, followed the link to garage.maemo and logged in. was told my registration was successful. then I went back to the community page and was asked to login, but it does not accept my login. Its been two days since then, and I still cannot log in to any part of the site except these forums with either of my registered usernames.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Check the username - I think community requires it in lower case, whatever you registered it as.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that already. I should have mentioned that in the first post. In fact, the second user I registered was purposely set up in all lowercase since I thought that might be the issue. But it does not work. Also, If I click the 'forgot my password' link and enter the email I used when registering, It says that the email address is not on file. But when I go to the original email verification I received, and click the link and try to verify again, it says this account has already been verified. There's definitely something funny going on.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
I'm also having the same problems but I can't see where to get the third account... I have a talk account (evidently as I'm writing here). I have a garage account... I can't see where to register for the other one - I'm trying to brainstorm but when I click to register from a brainstorm page the resultant login account doesn't actually work there. I'd appreciate some clarification...

...perhaps someone could post three links in response which point directly to each of the registration pages for the three different accounts and make this a sticky?

Cheers