Notices

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Picture explains it all, i want to move the widget further up. But there is some kinda "block", is there some mods/hacks that can remove that Block?

-Futtawuh
Attached Images

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I believe it's where the status bar is, no?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I believe it's where the status bar is, no?
Yes, but only to the left. The right side is technically empty.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Yes, but only to the left. The right side is technically empty.
Afaik its quite the opposite technically its not empty because when you open programs that use GPS , or when you set alarm, or when you select silent mode , status bar dynamically changes adding more icons so I think that space is reserved

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Afaik its quite the opposite technically its not empty because when you open programs that use GPS , or when you set alarm, or when you select silent mode , status bar dynamically changes adding more icons so I think that space is reserved
That's all on the left though; the OP is referring more to the right hand side, where the operator name is (which can be customised to spread from the middle of the screen to the far right, so it isn't reserved for anything). The left side i agree, even if you remove everything from it, alarms and gps still go there. But the right has nothing.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
That's all on the left though; the OP is referring more to the right hand side, where the operator name is (which can be customised to spread from the middle of the screen to the far right, so it isn't reserved for anything). The left side i agree, even if you remove everything from it, alarms and gps still go there. But the right has nothing.
No what I was trying to say is that if you open enough apps that add icon to the statusbar it will move to the right , along with operator's name hence that space is always reserved

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Actually, I believe it was discovered a while ago that if you have more than 8 icons in the status bar, they just start vanishing. It doesn't keep moving over.

Nevertheless, that IS "reserved" space. More or less because it was probably easier to program that way then to make the reserved space fill up JUST the left side.

Plus, keep in mind, when you're in widget/shortcut adjusting more, the bar covers the entire top. So you just know some fool would move a shorter-than-the-height-of-the-bar widget up there, and then get annoyed when he couldn't delete it. Then he'd ***** at Nokia, etc.

I get that it's not perfect, but it's better than dealing with *****ing like that every few days on the forums.

I'm sure it's possible to hack hildon desktop and make it let you move widgets up there... But I don't think it's really an ideal way to do it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Thank for the replys. Guess i just have to live with it then. atleast untill something that can make it happen comes along.

-Futtawuh

ummm how did u remove the status bar? is that possible or is the pic just a simple diagram to show what u mean? is there a way to hide the status bar??

Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
ummm how did u remove the status bar? is that possible or is the pic just a simple diagram to show what u mean? is there a way to hide the status bar??
Was wondering that myself. And there does not seem to be a menu/task switcher button in the left hand corner either.