Notices

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Croatia
@ceene is it possible to add support for vCard (Contact info cards) ?

Update to 2.0.16.

Status and video download works.

Slow down contacts synchronization, indeed very slow.

Other stuff can't say right now.

Greetings.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi there,

As promised, and as some of you have already checked, there's a new release. I'm happy to annouce that several outstanding fixes have made it to this release. The commented changelog is here:
  • Slow down contacts synchronization so WA servers doesn't close our connection for being spammers.

WA servers where closing our connection when trying to synchronize contacts. My research indicates that too many contacts were trying to be sync'ed at once with very little delay between them. This seems to trigger something on WA servers and closed our connection. It doesn't seem also far fetched to think that this may be a cause of ban, so I hope this helps too in regards to this.

Contact synchronization is now pretty slow. Before this, contacts were synced at a rate of 5 per second. Now it's just 1 per second. I know this can take several minutes now if you have a couple hundreds contacts, but well, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Fixed video downloading and prevent image downloading from breaking in the future.

This was quite a funny bug to solve. At first I thought there was some kind of invalid or expired certificate, but the thing is that SSLv3 has been found to be defective and WA is disabling SSLv3 on its servers. It's funny that videos are uploaded to a server, which already has SSLv3 disabled, but images are uploaded to a differente server which still has SSLv3 enabled. In the end, they should also disable SSLv3 on the images server.

The fix is to instruct Yappari not to use SSLv3, as QT4 has it as the default protocol. If compiled against QT5, this fix wouldn't be needed as QT5 has disabled SSLv3 as well. As I said, quite a funny thing.

• Upgrade status setting method (should work now on for everyone).

Nothing to comment here, just notify me if it brokes again (it shouldn't).

• Implement promote participant to group admin functionality.

Groups can now have several admins. When long pressing onto a contact in the "Group info" window, you can make admin any other participant of the group if you're an admin yourself.

Removing admins from the group and marking the people who are admins didn't make it to this release, but it'll be soon too, I hope.

• Fix group participants management (add participant, etc).

This is something that I think was fixed sometime before... well, I've tested it again and I can add participants, etc, so I hope this works too for everyone.

So, quite a release has been this, I hope you enjoy it. Once it makes it to extras-testing, PLEASE, will you upvote it so other people can enjoy this release? That'd make happy a lot of people who are stuck with old Scorpius versions that stopped working long time ago.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

Last edited by ceene; 2015-09-03 at 10:20.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Group administration and promoting a group member to admin work

I can confirm downloading videos works too (on single old video I got 404 error, I think they deleted from server)

Still crashes sometimes

Anyway this release rocks!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
anyone plz help if its possible to use yappari as before in any manner.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by legendracer View Post
anyone plz help if its possible to use yappari as before in any manner.
Respectfully, the post above yours answers your question. if you mean to say, I get disconnected when I try to use Yappari, then you likely got yourself banned. Search back through this thread for what to do then.

As the post I referred to reads, yappari is working.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
i installed 2.0.16. new logo came, but when trying to open it goes off. and shows disconnected. what to do.plz

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Look at the logs (again, search this thread for pointers) and see if an error message there makes sense. Usually, getting disconnected means your number is banned. Gain, search this thread to read what to do - it involves using an Android phone and contacting Whatsapp.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Finland
Ok, so I still have the same problem that was posted by few people: I can only receive messages from group chats but not from one contact. I think the log was sent in older message.

its in background. whenever i try to open it goes off. how do i get log then?in status bar it shows disconnected. plz note, i have not used this mobile for 1 year now, but was active on whatsapp till last week on another android device. hence activated all catalogues and installed new yappari version. now struck at disconnected error.

Tags
whatsapp, yappari