Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I sometimes get that too. I blame the connection quality.

i got good wifi here.....i can see other person, audio is clear.....

can download files...
still???so cant be connection problem...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
What about 3g gsm video calling?? And video calling to other phones without skype?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Originally Posted by legendracer View Post
i got good wifi here.....i can see other person, audio is clear.....

can download files...
still???so cant be connection problem...
It does not matter how good is your wifi, it may be an INTERNET speed issue.

I only have that problem when my connection is saturated with downloads.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichardN900 For This Useful Post:
how can it be internet issue when i can see the other person,and get clear audio ?
tried various combined file and flashed many times...tried CSSU S, CSSU T...etc...

how can it be internet issue when i can see the other person,and get clear audio ?
tried various combined file and flashed many times...tried CSSU S, CSSU T...etc...
Oh lord..

Internet has 2 speeds, there is outbound speed and inbound speed. There is some people who has symetric speed, and there is people who has asymetric speeds.
If your inbound speed is good but your outbound bad, you will receive everything ok but will not be able to send too much.
If your inbount speed is bad but your outbound good, you will have problems getting info. but you will have be no issue sending.
Also you have to take it in account for both ends of the chain as for some other nodes in the middle.
As you see, internet has many things to be taken care of, even ir you can "receive" with no problem.

Before complain of others or point fingers ,you must LEARN.
There isn't always the fault of someone else.... there is ussually the fault of one self.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichardN900 For This Useful Post:
Also, skype bloatware with many unknown (or known, but not warmly welcome) things bundled with packets.

Use real VoiP and it's video calls, instead. N900 support that since beginning of times, when dinosaurs walked on earth, and mammals guerrillas used N900 to hack Pteronet.

(hint - check Settings->VoIP and messaging accounts -> sip)

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-21 at 07:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
Oh lord..

Internet has 2 speeds, there is outbound speed and inbound speed. There is some people who has symetric speed, and there is people who has asymetric speeds.
If your inbound speed is good but your outbound bad, you will receive everything ok but will not be able to send too much.
If your inbount speed is bad but your outbound good, you will have problems getting info. but you will have be no issue sending.
Also you have to take it in account for both ends of the chain as for some other nodes in the middle.
As you see, internet has many things to be taken care of, even ir you can "receive" with no problem.

Before complain of others or point fingers ,you must LEARN.
There isn't always the fault of someone else.... there is ussually the fault of one self.
sir, thank you for the info...but im using the same connection for my laptop and it works fine....as said inbound and outbound...can see them and they can see me..only n900 is not able to send my video...
hope you understand now...

sir, thank you for the info...but im using the same connection for my laptop and it works fine....as said inbound and outbound...can see them and they can see me..only n900 is not able to send my video...
hope you understand now...
Ok, that's a different thing...

Maybe your battery is quite low on life (not charge) and when too drained the phone has to kill the process.
WiFi is a killer and videochat seems to be also.

Try call while connected to power charger and full battery.
And, (just occurred to me) maybe if you're using overclocking try to disable it. I remember not having absolutely any issue when i had no OC, and now some times some progs. get killed particularly phone and camera. (temperature maybe an issue too)

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Also, skype bloatware with many unknown (or known, but not warmly welcome) things bundled with packets.

Use real VoiP and it's video calls, instead. N900 support that since beginning of times, when dinosaurs walked on earth, and mammals guerrillas used N900 to hack Pteronet.

(hint - check Settings->VoIP and messaging accounts -> sip)

/Estel
I tought ADs on skype and other annoyances are not part of Skype or VOIP protocol, that's just junk that comes with the program. There was (maybe still is there somewhere) an enterprise version that had'nt ads and other useless stuff.
That can't be messing around with the N900 performance on video call because N900 has not that crapware.

I have a google voice and a sip account on my N900 and i really like skype calls a lot more, maybe because the other accounts got almost no use.

Last edited by RichardN900; 2013-03-22 at 05:27.

There is a mirror app, try install that and test to see if the front facing camera actually is working first. There's not many other applications for the front facing camera. Health check can also test it, but only takes a photo, whereas mirror app turns it on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fffffred For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, video call