Active Topics

Hi would like to ask if there's a new upcoming deb file for us?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It would be nice to see this effort continue -- this seemed like a pretty exciting thread.

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It would be nice to see this effort continue -- this seemed like a pretty exciting thread.
I and Tigerite haven't found the cause of the distortion yet. We only know it's caused by the bfs-330-to-350.patch in our tree. The problem is that after putting a lot of effort in finding the cause without result, things kind of shifted to the background (at least for me). Then we also have some other things going on, which push kernel-bfs back a little more, unfortunately.
On a side note, kernel-bfs actually is up-to-date at this moment. The latest BFS version is v0.406, which fixes an incompatibility in v0.404 with kernel 2.6.39 (which is irrelevant to us). The changes that went into kernel-power v47 are in kernel-bfs as well already. The only thing is that you have to git clone and build the kernel for yourself currently.

If you were talking about BFQ (as the last pages of this thread were about this subject): last time I spoke with Tigerite he noted that it was ready to be committed. I don't know why it isn't committed yet though. I do know that Tigerite has been busy with real life (and a bit with Meego/Harmatten), so that might be a reason.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by iDont View Post
The only thing is that you have to git clone and build the kernel for yourself currently.
Cloned git tree and tried to build it with a few options changed in config, but every time it fails after making modules in one place without any meaningful error... Tried also building without making any changes anywhere. Yet still it fails.
Code:
 CC [M]  net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_wrap.o
  CC [M]  net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_crypto.o
  LD [M]  net/sunrpc/auth_gss/auth_rpcgss.o
  LD [M]  net/sunrpc/auth_gss/rpcsec_gss_krb5.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 269 modules
net/xfrm/xfrm_ipcomp.o: Success
make[3]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make[2]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/blayder/kernel-bfs-build/linux-2.6.28'
make: *** [modules-stamp] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
Am i missing something?
I've tried to build it with your build.sh script, and also by using make modules. Results are the same...

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Blayder View Post
Am i missing something?
Nope, it looks like you did everything right (considering the fact that you've got the modules to build).

I'm just about to go out of the country (holidays ), so I won't be able to look into it next ~1.5 week, unfortunately. I'll get back to you when I'm back home.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...enjoy your vacation!

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Is there a way to use bfs with kernel-power v48? I am n00b with git, code or compiling something...

Originally Posted by iDont View Post
Nope, it looks like you did everything right (considering the fact that you've got the modules to build).

I'm just about to go out of the country (holidays ), so I won't be able to look into it next ~1.5 week, unfortunately. I'll get back to you when I'm back home.
Okey, Have a good vacation! I'll be waiting

OK. something weird...
Today tried to rebuild it again and... it built! and it even works!..
Now I don't know where the problem was..
Just that i used now:
Code:
dpkg-buildpackage -r"fakeroot -u" -uc -us -nc
And put al the source code in another sub directory, like so:
/scratchbox/users/blayder/home/blayder/bfs/linux-2.6.28/
Now recompiling with modded config, will see if it works.
Weird stuff is happening all the week...

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
I'm really sorry for not pushing the BFQ patches. As iDont rightly says, I've been incredibly busy in real life lately and that's likely to continue for another week or so yet. I haven't even had much chance to look into BFS+BFQ on Harmattan, so please don't think I've deserted Maemo 5, it's not the case I will try to push the patches today - unfortunately, the Harmattan SDK has borked my Fremantle scratchbox environment, which doesn't help matters!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post: