Active Topics

Still grab from SVN and compile yourself, but I am planning on sending a post to the dev list (when I have the time to sort it out) asking for some help in polishing things up/working out why the video doesn't always display/asking for help with the web scraping. I'll create a binary for that (though it has some fairly major limitations of course)

Soon, I promise, kick me on IRC whenever you see me and get me to do it sooner!

(have been doing wedding organising stuff, so not much time for programming/writing emails lately, sorry!)

This sounds great. I'm picturing a Delicious Library type of app for the NIT. It would be very handy.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
(have been doing wedding organising stuff, so not much time for programming/writing emails lately, sorry!)
What you really need is to barcode all of the guests, gifts, cake, pictures, etc. and manage them all from your NIT....

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Indeed

Anyway, here's a binary - some things don't work (yet), you'll need to install SQLite for it to run.

http://people.bath.ac.uk/enpsgp/nokia770/maemo-barcode/

Things that don't work, off the top of my head:

* Camera is a bit wierd, the data gets through and is processed, but often the image is not drawn on the screen - I wonder if this is caused by the analysis thread looping too tightly. Any thoughts?
* Search doesn't work yet (not implemented)
* After adding data to a table, the data is not shown in the data view (until you restart), so I've probably missed out an update call somewhere there (to get my listview to update the view to show the new contents).

Load of other stuff too I'm sure...

Any help welcome of course , especially for the web-scraping stuff (which atm just returns filler data for the descriptions, etc)

And also my apologies for the pretty scrappy code, I wrote it as I went along, while learning SQLite and GTK+, so I'm quite sure there's lots of things wrong/bad form

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post: