Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
Was this ever made available as a patch to OS2008?
See the comment by Truejournals here.

Thanks, Andre.

I downloaded the patch "Binaries for people to try drag lock v2" from the bug page at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2639 .

I am now staring at 10 .deb files. I have spent some time searching this board and the wiki and still don't know how to install a .deb file, or which of these ten I should install. Apologizing for my ignorance, I would appreciate any pointers.

Apologizing for my ignorance, I would appreciate any pointers.
OK, I've searched some more and have seen references to opening .deb files in the File Manager.

I see in the tarball that there are three files with "-dev" in the name, three files with the same name except "-dbg", and three files with neither string. And one file with "-doc" in the name.

So - do I install by using File Manager to open the three files without -dev or -deb, plus the -doc file?

Someone please just nod yes or no.

Someone please just nod yes or no.
For nod, click here.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'll bet it's fixed in Fremantle (drink!)

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'll bet it's fixed in Fremantle (drink!)
You must have been reading the bug thread here.

However, since there appears to be a fairly easily installable patch, it's not so bad. Anyone installed it besides the two people in the bug thread?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
You must have been reading the bug thread here.

However, since there appears to be a fairly easily installable patch, it's not so bad. Anyone installed it besides the two people in the bug thread?
As much as I would love to have a way to lock my applets I am not going to worry about it anymore. There was another 'option' posted in the 'show your home screen'-post (not sure why it was posted there) but neither that nor this thread has an easy, for me, understandable way to download and install something.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I would also like to know what to install. Usually the .debs pull what they need, presumably if they are in the same folder.

Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
I would also like to know what to install. Usually the .debs pull what they need, presumably if they are in the same folder.
Sorry my previous cross-reference was inscrutiable.

See this post.

Let us know if it works OK, please.

tried to install, get incompatible application package error for the three files without -dev or -dbg in the filename