Posts: 72 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Cairo
Hi, everyone. Recently i received a beautiful N810 as a gift from a benevolent member of this forum (Yes it is so beautiful, somehow i think the N900 should have looked like this). Thank you, man.
Slowly I learn how to reflash it and set it up.
Still, i still have a lot of things to figure out. So if you guys got time please help me out, thanks in advance. Here's the my biggest questions:
1. My work involves writing in Arabic. Ukeyboard helps for arabic vkb. I just wonder how to set the hardware keyboard to Arabic layout?
2. I draw a lot on the N900 using MyPaint, (i posted some of them in "Look what I drew on My Phone"). So when got my hands on the big screen of the N810, i thought, this could be an awesome drawing tablet. So I installed MyPaint. But the app seems to suffer from ghost brush lines. I checked the related thread, but no solution yet.
Any idea? Or do we have another good drawing app for the N810 other than MyPaint? (And that preinstalled " Sketch")?
Just in case you wanna see what I did with the N900, I recorded some of them:
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
I mean, just imagine those on the N810 , aside from processing power limitation of course

Last edited by fbnccst; 2022-02-10 at 08:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fbnccst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2021 @ Poland
Originally Posted by fbnccst View Post
Hi, everyone. Recently i received a beautiful N810 as a gift from a benevolent member of this forum (Yes it is so beautiful, somehow i think the N900 should have looked like this). Thank you, man.
Do you mean @Maemish?
I received from him 2x N9, N810 and N900 😍 🥰
Welcome in club I was really surprised
https://t.me/maemomeegoapps

Last edited by dredlok706; 2022-02-11 at 07:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dredlok706 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Cairo
Originally Posted by dredlok706 View Post
Do you mean https://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=77513?
I received from him 2x N9, N810 and N900 😍 🥰
Welcome in club I was really surprised
Cool!
Man, was I surprised too!

The Following User Says Thank You to fbnccst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2018 @ Bham, UK
sorry to bug you guys , but are the update links for N810 working or were moved to another sites than here? A friend wants to give me his N810 - he just does not use it anymore- but as I can see sites like the garage.maemo.org bit the dust... thanks

Originally Posted by xchris View Post
sorry to bug you guys , but are the update links for N810 working or were moved to another sites than here? A friend wants to give me his N810 - he just does not use it anymore- but as I can see sites like the garage.maemo.org bit the dust... thanks
Your first port of call should be resources by "endsormeans" which will point you to "web.archive.org":
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...12&postcount=1

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Yes, to follow endsos guide to pimp the N810 with Diablo is tje way to go.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2018 @ Bham, UK
thanks!!!!!!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Queens, New York
Hey, just saw that this place is still quite alive. Makes me really happy. I’ve been fiddling with an N810 but hey did I read that someone has given out free devices? That’s very generous. I would certainly love to complete a set - I’ve been planning to some day get the 900 as well as 700 series. No money for them just now. But I love the idea I recently sent a bunch of coins from around the world to two newcomers to the numismatics community, so I have an appreciation for the helping getting people interested.

So, anyway just happens I have been wondering how can I move all the apps I’ve installed over to the internal memory where there’s a ton of free space, as opposed to the main storage that’s now nearly full. Thanks for not offering the option for installs!

Anyway, I figured I’d say hello in this live thread and let y’all know there’s one more fan who’s still very actively tinkering. I’m sure I’ll post questions in the coming days too.

Dan

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Queens, New York
Originally Posted by fbnccst View Post
Cool!
Man, was I surprised too!
Wow, whoever this mysterious benefactor is, would they have a spare 700 and 900 series unit to gift? Can’t afford to buy for a while. I’d love to have a set of the three. Also, I wish Nokia still kept making Maemo tablets (gosh that sounds like some kind of medication lol).

I just finished putting Manjaro onto one of my little asus transformer pads. I love to tinker.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Sorry guys. No more to spare right now. I gave 50 N900 motherboards to one member to fix usb ports but something happened to the guy and he never sent them back even though he promised. They are somewhere in England or thrown in a trash bin I guess. So I have 50 empty N900 cases left. And I gave the working devices to persons who have contributed here their knowledge or skills.

About 10 x N900 left with stuff inside but most have some issues. Either I will save the empty cases as spare parts or I will use them to make an art piece.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2022-12-27 at 07:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
arabic, drawing, keyboard, mypaint, remapping