Active Topics

Notices

Maemo Mapper v2.2 has been released. They are available from your respective Extras repositories:

Install for the OS2006 or OS2007 (Nokia 770 or the Nokia N800):
Install for the OS2008 (Nokia N800 or Nokia N810):
This is the first official release that is compatible with the new OS2008. It has only been tested on an N800, but it _should_ work on an N810, as well.

It also includes a couple bug fixes and attempts to add a new conditional track update (based on HDOP).

CHANGELOG

* Modified the build system and the code to support OS2008. It has been
tested only the N800.
* Fixed a refresh bug that would cause Maemo Mapper to appear to hang under high CPU load.
* Fixed bug in initial display of "Establishing GPS Fix" window.
* Made a first stab at conditionally updating the track based on HDOP. This will probably change a lot before I get it to "feel" right. I hope I don't have to add a preference - we're running out of Settings space!

Last edited by gnuite; 2007-11-29 at 05:09. Reason: Fixed .install files for flite/proj on OS2008.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
Did you really mean to say that it includes "a couple of bugs"?

Great work -- I'll download it tomorrow from work.

GNUITE can you make Maemo Mapper to be even better than this PSP software!?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Very specific question... and I will hazard a guess that you liked the fancy 3D graphics I'd rather not burden the processor of the tablet with unnecessary maths and still have a perfectly usable map, like the one MM produces.
Now, if Nokia or TI released drivers for that 3D accelerator, Gnuite might have to do some more work J/k!

EDIT: I just realised that I may have said something stupid. 3D acceleration is likely not to help such an application.

Last edited by convulted; 2007-11-28 at 23:34. Reason: Spelling!

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
installed fine on my N800 with the beta OS 2008. that was quick with a release, thanks

will test on way to work in morning. I seem to have more and more problems accessing my bluetooth GPS, in the sense it took 5 mins or more to "establish GPS fix" in latest 2 versions of MM for OS 2007. With this OS2008 version, I cannot even begin to get a fix? (no blue bar)

will check when its daylight and weather is better as its dark, cloudy & raining at the moment as it could just be me, user error

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Thanks, gnuite!

Now is this just me, or have the google and ve map repositories gone? All i can see in my maps menu is openstreet

This is with a fresh install on os2008 on n800.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Now is this just me, or have the google and ve map repositories gone? All i can see in my maps menu is openstreet
You need to re-install the repositories, which is easy, just go to maps, manage repositories and hit the download option button to get popular repositories. Then switch to maps you prefer in normal manner.

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-11-29 at 00:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
I was unable 2 install flite component, it saya package not compatible...

I am on n800 with OS2008.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
gnuite, this is my first time using maemo-mapper and I want to add my thanks to you for all your work on this application!

Even though OS2008 includes mapper software, I think most users would benefit from installing yours too, particularly if they would like the option of having satellite maps.

If I understand correctly, you recently changed from storing the map segments as hundreds of individual files, and now store them in a single database per source. I compliment you on that decision, since one of the things that previously held me back was concern over wasted slack space on my memory card and feeling that I should reformat with a smaller cluster size. With this new database method I can download as many map segments as I like and know that no storage space is being wasted!

Again, thanks for a great app!

is there any way to have saved locations? Such as home, work, etc.

Thanks