Yeah, alpha and i have been chatting a little about it in pms. AFAIK, there's something up with 3.2 not cleaning up properly after the first connect, so that future BT connections don't set the ip properly... I haven't heard anything about a fix yet.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
My eee pad transformer upgraded to 3.2 worked. I got a connection.

Is there a way to get it to work with a vpnc connection on n900? Then I could connect to my office with my pad.

Originally Posted by hstende View Post

Is there a way to get it to work with a vpnc connection on n900? Then I could connect to my office with my pad.
A VPN is about making a particular device look like it's on the target network, so I'm not sure you really want your n900 doping anything special if the point is getting your tab on the corporate network. The n900 is just providing your internet connection while you are on the road, much like your broadband connection at home would provide your corporate laptop an internet connection from home. Rather than modify your n900 connection at all, make the tablet do what you want it to do: go into settings > wireless & networks > VPN settings on your tablet and add your corporate VPN settings in there.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
NP. That is interesting. What device are you pairing with N900?
Motorola Xoom. Another success story, probably due to your diligence in helping others on the forum here. Cheers.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by hstende View Post

There is vpnc and vpnc-gui for N900 to connect to a CISCO VPN server, but that is not you are looking for.

First, you need to install a CISCO VPN client for Android (AnyConnect?) in eee pad transformer, install the cert. (if any), connect your eee pad transformer to internet via N900's bluetooth PAN then use that VPN client in transformer.

is there any wayi can use my pc internet to copnnect to N900..i mean reverse usb tethering?

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
is there any wayi can use my pc internet to copnnect to N900..i mean reverse usb tethering?
Yes, as long as the PAN is established they are on the same network, just like computers in the same LAN.

All you have to do is to point the default gateway of N900 to PC, while the PC routes to internet.

Hi
I am not a N900 user, but i really like to get this function to work, between my Iconia A500 which runs honycomb 3.2 and my Iphone.
The Asus transformer ROM and Xoom ROM has this option built in already, but Iconia Rom does not,
Has anyone tried to use this script on a tablet?
can someone please help me? i have looked for something like this for ever and cant find something that works, and i hate to use WIFI connection, it drains battery on both the tablet and Iphone.

Thank you

Originally Posted by cyberma007 View Post
Hi
I am not a N900 user, but i really like to get this function to work, between my Iconia A500 which runs honycomb 3.2 and my Iphone.
The Asus transformer ROM and Xoom ROM has this option built in already, but Iconia Rom does not,
Has anyone tried to use this script on a tablet?
can someone please help me? i have looked for something like this for ever and cant find something that works, and i hate to use WIFI connection, it drains battery on both the tablet and Iphone.

Thank you
From the user guide it said A500 only support bluetooth headset. That really surprise me, as I'm really want to get an A100, now I may reconsider other options.

You might consider rooting A500 with Gingerbreak which is known to have a working bluetooth-PAN profile, but then you'd break your honeycomb.

I am running 3.2 and already have it rooted!
Ginger break no longer works with new 3.2 update released, but the Rom released by developer is was already rooted.
I can pair it to my iPhone just fine, but under the profile i don't have a profile to connect for internet, i have been trying to see if there is a way to take that profile from xoom ROM and import it, but i cant figure out where in the ROM to look.

This option was there with the transformer ROM that was released for iconia, but other stuff in the ROM was buggy , so i installed the official acer ROM.

Last edited by cyberma007; 2011-08-30 at 15:22.

Tags
bluetooth-pan, tethering