Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by svalx View Post
I have a same issue.
Everybody does, it is not really "an issue"
Just do "devel-su usermod -a -G net_raw nemo"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Of course, because "devel-su usermod -a -G net_raw nemo" is such an obvious incantation

(I know what usermod does but have no idea what problem it is supposed to solve in this case and, by the looks of it, will never find out because svalx has deleted his/her/its post. People, please, do not delete your posts because "you found the solution"! That is the whole point: you ask, you get an answer, others can read the question and the answer and learn. If one side of the story is missing, no one can learn anything.)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Of course, because "devel-su usermod -a -G net_raw nemo" is such an obvious incantation

(I know what usermod does but have no idea what problem it is supposed to solve in this case and, by the looks of it, will never find out because svalx has deleted his/her/its post. People, please, do not delete your posts because "you found the solution"! That is the whole point: you ask, you get an answer, others can read the question and the answer and learn. If one side of the story is missing, no one can learn anything.)
Sorry, I was ashamed that I did not read the solution to the problem in the topic above

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Well it seems that 2.2.1 should be arriving some time soon

Hello again dear language fellows!

We are getting ready for the next SW release, 2.2.1. This time there are not many strings to be translated. We would kindly ask you to do your part by the end of Sunday, 8th July ...
https://together.jolla.com/question/...rings-for-221/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

(I know what usermod does but have no idea what problem it is supposed to solve in this case and, by the looks of it, will never find out because svalx has deleted his/her/its post.
Hehee, I know what the problem is but maybe I'll keep you in suspense, just for the kicks!!

People, please, do not delete your posts because "you found the solution"! That is the whole point: you ask, you get an answer, others can read the question and the answer and learn. If one side of the story is missing, no one can learn anything.)
Of this I heartly agree. There was absolutely no need to remove the post and doing things like that will always leave the forum in sadder state, holed like brick of Emmental cheese.

Looks to me @svalx is a stealthy guy indeed; registered the nick today, asked just one question and deleted it few minutes after that...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

The "problem" is, that 'ping' now needs net_raw permissions. Seems like a reasonable requirement, security wise.

http://unixetc.co.uk/2016/05/30/linu...ties-and-ping/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
The VPN finally works for me when using my proxy.sh OpenVPN configuration files. Previously my IP wouldn't change, or the connection to the VPN wouldn't work, depending on attempts.

I don't know if this was fixed specifically by 2.2.0.29 though, as I was several updates late until yesterday.

However, since the upgrade from the UI didn't work, I updated using

Code:
ssu re 2.2.0.29
version --dup
Previously, with the UI updated, the phone did go into the update process, but eventually returned "Sailfish could not be updated, please retry later." and rebooted in the original version. Now, after the manual update, I'm not sure everything has been updated correctly. Here are a list of issues I'm facing so far:

- can't enter "Sailfish updates" and "Backups" sub-pages in the Settings, despite uninstalling Unapply all patches patch;
- no Emoji keyboard in the list of keyboards in Settings;
- applying patches in Patchmanager 3, then restarting Lipstick, ends up in all patches being unapplied.

Any ideas? I already did pkcon refresh, but don't know how to try upgrading SFOS again since I can't access the UI, and version --dup now returns an issue related to libqtwebkit-something.so missing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hmmm, not really an expert here.

But what about
Code:
version --verify
and check missing (wromg version) packages?

Or reinstall the package that is related to 'libqtwebkit':
Code:
pkcon search name libqtwebkit
Searching by name
Starting
Refreshing software list
Querying
Finished
Installed       libqtwebkit5-5.6.2+git7-1.4.3.armv7hl (installed)               Web c
ontent engine library for Qt - core runtime files
Available       libqtwebkit5-devel-5.6.2+git7-1.4.3.armv7hl (jolla)             Web c
ontent engine library for Qt - core development files
Installed       libqtwebkit5-widgets-5.6.2+git7-1.4.3.armv7hl (installed)       Web c
ontent engine library for Qt - GUI runtime files
Available       libqtwebkit5-widgets-devel-5.6.2+git7-1.4.3.armv7hl (jolla)     Web c
ontent engine library for Qt - GUI development files

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks! I have first ran the following command to reinstall every single package (minus some errors here and there depending on permissions):

Code:
for p in $(rpm -q -a --qf "%{NAME}\n" | sort); do echo $p; pkcon install -y $p; done
It took several hours but seems to have resolved several issues, e.g., I can now access Sailfish updates and Backups in the Settings application. I already had manually reinstalled jolla-settings and jolla-settings-sailfishos, but somehow it didn't solve this, probably another package was responsible for this problem. Reinstalling all packages also restored the Twitter feed in the event screens that had disappeared, not sure which package is associated with this. Patches seem to apply correctly as well now, good news!

I have run "version --verify", several packages are not in the right version:

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ version --verify
+ jolla-settings-accounts-extensions-3rd-party-all-0.3.14.1-10.90.1.jolla.armv7hl
- jolla-settings-accounts-extensions-3rd-party-all-0.3.39-1.6.9.armv7hl
+ ngfd-plugin-droid-vibrator-1.0-1.3.12.armv7hl
- package ngfd-plugin-droid-vibrator is not installed
+ patterns-sailfish-consumer-generic-0.9.5.1-10.5.1.jolla.noarch
- patterns-sailfish-consumer-generic-1.0.7-1.6.4.noarch
+ qt5-feedback-haptics-droid-vibrator-0.1.0-1.3.8.armv7hl
- package qt5-feedback-haptics-droid-vibrator is not installed
+ sailfish-content-configuration-jolla-0.1.1-10.2.1.jolla.noarch
- sailfish-content-configuration-jolla-0.1.1-1.2.4.noarch
+ sailfish-content-graphics-jolla-0.0.8-10.3.3.jolla.noarch
- sailfish-content-graphics-jolla-0.0.8-1.2.2.noarch

One ore more packages are not at the expected version for Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 (Mouhijoki)
(+ = expected version, - = installed version)
I have tried reinstalling them, but they were not all found (the *.noarch ones I believe; they returned an error of this type: "Fatal error: File './noarch/sailfish-content-configuration-jolla-0.1.1-10.1.1.jolla.noarch.rpm' not found on medium 'https://store-repository.jolla.com/features/2.2.0.29/customers/jolla/armv7hl/?credentials=store'"), and even those that seemed to install successfully (the *.armv7hl I think) showed up again when I ran "version --verify" again, as if nothing had been reinstalled.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-07-07 at 00:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I didnt notice this being reported anywhere.

Does anyone has also issues with email notifications with exchange?
I have now installed the latest OS version apart from Xperia X also to Jolla C and i see the same behaviour.

The behaviour i have is the following:
there has been no notification;
open the mail application and see several new mails;
minimise application and notice no errors - last sync few minutes ago and number of new mails correct;
wait few more minutes for the next automatic sync (it is set to update every 15 minutes);
sync completes correctly;
ask for manual sync; when complete there is a notification and list of mails in the event view.

Note notifications in general work. I get plenty from calendar events, sms, telegram etc.
I have no patches installed.

Thanks for any hints or confirmation.
It's quite annoying to open the mail application to check if new mails arrived

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: