Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Not cool to say something with a fake quote.
Yes, sorry, didn't mean it in an offensive way. Just that the bulk of what he said was the last drop to plonk him. Is the amended version better?

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Selfish is a Japanese restaurant in Copenhagen
Let me guess. Do they... sell fish? (Fnar fnar. )

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
More cool than saying "Yeah, i got my money back. But you shouldnt"
He didn't say that. What he said was that he would leave it up to others to decide for themselves what they should do.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
He didn't say that. What he said was that he would leave it up to others to decide for themselves what they should do.
No, that's effectively the situation that his actions are bringing about. Everyone knows that Jolla's financial situation is tight, and if everyone tried at once to get their tablet money back in this way, the company would default on the debt and most would get nothing. The best way for everyone to get a refund is to wait for the announced plan to unfold. Every person who forces a refund through their cc company, makes it a little less likely that everyone else will get their refund.

Which is why I agree with vitaminj and condemn prometheus's actions.

But marxian is right, prometheus did say exactly, "I do not encourage anyone to do the same, it is totally up to them whether they decide to stick with Jolla, wait for them to (if they ever) issue them a refund, donate that money (that they so happily implied in their blog post) or whatever..."

In other words, "it's up to you whether you want to play with everyone or be selfish and inconsiderate like me."
Not, as nieldk implied, "only I can be selfish and inconsiderate, screw everyone else".

If I am misinterpreting neildk's words, then I apologize.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yay! We're arguing again!

No seriously folks... there's no need. We should be able to commiserate and hopefully find a better way to expend our energy. But that's my childish hope for a group of obviously intelligent people...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No more arguing. Let's conclude that Jolla is scammers and a company we can't trust until all are fully refunded.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Sorry, Dave, I can't agree with that. Not all of that anyway.
A company you cannot trust? Definitely. Scammers? I don't think so.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry, Dave, I can't agree with that. Not all of that anyway.
A company you cannot trust? Definitely. Scammers? I don't think so.
What do you call a company that set up a webshop, selling stuff they don't have. Deliver nothing. Payback nothing, not even communicate to those customers?

In my country it's scam, fraud or somewhere in between

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No more arguing. Let's conclude that Jolla is scammers and a company we can't trust until all are fully refunded.
How about we agree that you're instigating **** and above all this was yet another crowdfunding attempt that unfortunately went south? It happens.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund