Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone believes 540 tablets will be shipped before end of Feb?
It can be don before next week as long the 540 tablets really exist. So now Joerg_rw did already made a deal with one of the biggest shippers in the world and now why cannot Jolla ship al these tablets?...

Last edited by jellyroll; 2016-02-08 at 23:28.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
It can be don before next week as long the 540 tablets really exist. So now Joerg_rw did already made a deal with one of the biggest shippers in the world and now why cannot Jolla ship al these tablets?...
They are rebuilding the company after losing about half of the crew. It takes time.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Joerg_rw made a deal to deliver what exactly? And when?

I'm not one to play the speculation game, but I do think Jolla should choose carefully when it comes to who they send their invites too now.

There has been a lot of folks wanting a refund or calling Jolla various names due to being disenchanted with their responses, we know this.

Now let's consider this idea, if one you were one of these people to get your invite from Jolla, would you day no? Or accept it then sell it on later as a rare device on ebay.

I foresee ~540 scalpers out there.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I'm not one to play the speculation game, but I do think Jolla should choose carefully when it comes to who they send their invites too now.
I'm not so sure that would be a good idea.

Jolla: Instead of inviting backers to receive their tablets on a first-come, first-served basis, we have decided that we will attempt to second-guess what each backer may choose to do with the tablet once they recieve it.

Backers:

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
At this point, I think Jolla should just give each backer a 1/2 refund, use a lottery to give out the remaining tablets, try to pay the rest later, and move on.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
At this point, I think Jolla should just give each backer a 1/2 refund, use a lottery to give out the remaining tablets, try to pay the rest later, and move on.
I disagree.
I think ensuring the first backers (1000) get their is fair (iam not one of them)
PS i wont get anything. I already "signe out" and change my backing to a donation. Which, could be made another option.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I think allocating them to the earliest backers will be the best way of minimizing scalpers. Those guys will likely be the ones getting scalped, and some already have been.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

There has been a lot of folks wanting a refund or calling Jolla various names due to being disenchanted with their responses, we know this.

Now let's consider this idea, if one you were one of these people to get your invite from Jolla, would you day no? Or accept it then sell it on later as a rare device on ebay.

I would ship it to mosen. Becouse he basically seems to be a nice guy to everyone.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I disagree.
I think ensuring the first backers (1000) get their is fair (iam not one of them)
PS i wont get anything. I already "signe out" and change my backing to a donation. Which, could be made another option.
Well, probably doesn't matter how things are done in the long haul anyway. How did you change backing to donation?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund