Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Thanks! But I would swear I was heading towards West and compass was displaying a number next to 360, before suddenly moving to another random one.

Or maybe it's time to drink less beer...

The Following User Says Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mced View Post
Thanks! But I would swear I was heading towards West and compass was displaying a number next to 360, before suddenly moving to another random one.

Or maybe it's time to drink less beer...
I was trying this just yesterday and my compass works just fine, correctly pointing north with TOHKBD attached. I even tried to move detached keyboard part around the Jolla but even that did not influence the readings.

Could be that it is also using the accelerometer/gyroscope data for additional filtering ? Like ignoring magnetometer signals indicating rotation if the gyroscope reports no rotation ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
I was trying this just yesterday and my compass works just fine, correctly pointing north with TOHKBD attached. I even tried to move detached keyboard part around the Jolla but even that did not influence the readings.

Could be that it is also using the accelerometer/gyroscope data for additional filtering ? Like ignoring magnetometer signals indicating rotation if the gyroscope reports no rotation ?
Fairly sure it does. Also when GPS is on and you use the compass it probably calibrates the "true north" based on knowing the location change and device orientation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. I have this weird problem with my TOHKBD2. If I press 5 or press 6 I get 56, r or t I get rt, f or g I get fg, and v or b I get vb. As I have a qwerty keyboard you can see that the keys are located on neighbouring columns.
Any idea how to fix this? Other than that it is fantastic!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I have a TOHKBD rev2 with scandic layout, of the first batch, I believe. I never got it to work: I can't change layout in the settings applet. Of course, initially the option was disabled due to reasons known. But now both SailfishOS and applet is up to date (1.1.7.25 and 0.4.1). I can change layouts to others, like azerty og qwertz, but if I select scandic, I get plain qwerty.

Is this something that needs further OS update to work? FAQ says "1.1.7. version (and older) does not support changing keyboard layout." But obviously layout changing works, but just not scandic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Also, my plan was always to modify the layout slightly, to get Norwegian/Danish זרו in place of Swedish/Finnish equivalents הצו. I have never started this due to not being able to select scandic at all. But while waiting: where can I find info about this? I saw the "TOHKBD Layouts" thread for sharing layouts, and github, but I didn't see info about how to make one.

The Following User Says Thank You to gaute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by zagrim View Post
One thing to add: Enter key is not working in TMO message editor using Webpirate (haven't tried other browsers yet). Rather annoying.
Nice to notice that the latest harbour update for Webpirate has a fix for tohkbd enter key, which is now doing what it should. On retrospect to all the whining on the semi-dead keys I've expressed, the more I get used to the response of the keys, the more I like my tohkbd. It is a very nice piece of equipment and really does fill the gap there was. Respects to you guys who created this!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
not a complaint at all, only a slight warning and looking for help...
I managed to drop my TOHKBD again, this time it was fatal to the toh-part as seen in the picture below.

Advice (mainly to myself): Be even more carefull with your precious then before this post... I managed to glue it with 2 component glue but it looks so ugly i refrain from posting it

What i am looking for is the .stl file to reprint it at shapeways.
I found different links to it but am unsure as a 3d print noob. Could someone post the definate file and maybe even get into detail what options to select at shapeways.
Thanks a lot and again, no complaint. Just me beeing to clumsy after 12hours of kitchen work...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gaute View Post
I have a TOHKBD rev2 with scandic layout, of the first batch, I believe. I never got it to work: I can't change layout in the settings applet. Of course, initially the option was disabled due to reasons known. But now both SailfishOS and applet is up to date (1.1.7.25 and 0.4.1). I can change layouts to others, like azerty og qwertz, but if I select scandic, I get plain qwerty.

Is this something that needs further OS update to work? FAQ says "1.1.7. version (and older) does not support changing keyboard layout." But obviously layout changing works, but just not scandic.
Yes, scandic characters won't work until the OS is updated.

FAQ says "current layout does not support compose or special chars outside of pc-105 US layout". So, layout can be changed, but certain characters (scandics) are not yet supported.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
What i am looking for is the .stl file to reprint it at shapeways.
I found different links to it but am unsure as a 3d print noob. Could someone post the definate file and maybe even get into detail what options to select at shapeways.

https://github.com/dirkvl/TOHKBD/blo...TOH_casing.STL

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd