Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
EIPI: Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?

(EDIT: I kinda said all this in this post and this one, although my math is different somehow... Going to check my plan again... Aha, you are right, my plan is $40 + $5 taxes, $45 total, not $40 total. So less price difference than I thought...)
I was confused. But now I realize that you were confused over the pricing. It will be $10 more over what we are both paying on Fido currently. If VoIP works flawlessly, I will switch.

Hey guys, before reading this discussion, I've called Fido and they told me, don't worry your Nokia N900 will work fine with our 3G network, even that it's a black market unlocked phone. Lady told me the reason why it doesn't work now, is that I am using an old SIM card and that it'll work as soon as I buy a new 3G Sim. I was stupid to believe them and went and got myself a new 3G Fido sim card. Of course, it didn't work.
So I've called fido again and told them about it. They said, well, it doesn't work and lady I spoke to had made a mistake. So they've credited me back for this $40 expense, but problem of not being able to access 3g remains.

Anyhow, I am about to cancel my 3 year old plan with FIDO and switch to WIND Mobile, as I am honestly sick and tired of them.
Just as an example, I needed a data plan this summer, which would give me an internet access while travelling through Europe.
They've signed me up on some plan and when I came back I had $1600 owing on my account. They've told me, they've forgot to activate it - which cost me $1600..ufff.
They said, well, we just charge you 160, because we forgot to activate it. Later they said, well, we do not even have such plan
Can you believe it?
Caused me a major headache.

Well, my question is simple, if I switch to WIND, will my Nokia N900 work on 3G?
Is anyone here who bought his Nokia N900 in USA (I did through Amazon) and can confirm it works?
And what is your download speed, when testing through: http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1 ???

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
http://forums.crackberry.com/f74/com...launch-387840/

Apparently good news for people within WIND's reach, the n900 is apparently coming :-)

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
I was confused. But now I realize that you were confused over the pricing. It will be $10 more over what we are both paying on Fido currently. If VoIP works flawlessly, I will switch.
This is precisely what I'm planning on doing as well.

}:^)~

Well, I made an offer to a small shop near my hometown for a N900, if it's accepted I'm getting it in 1 week

Well, I'm actively searching for somewhere to buy an N900. The two places that have them in stock right now are expansys.ca ($799 CDN) and mobilecityonline ($629 US). It seems like mobilecityonline is the better deal, but perhaps with all of the shipping, taxes, duties and so on it may not be.

What does everyone think? Which is the better option right now? Or would it be even better to go with amazon.com (or some other place that won't ship to Canada) and use shipito.com?

Last edited by nobodysbusiness; 2009-12-20 at 20:43.

Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Well, I'm actively searching for somewhere to buy an N900. The two places that have them in stock right now are expansys.ca ($799 CDN) and mobilecityonline ($629 US). It seems like mobilecityonline is the better deal, but perhaps with all of the shipping, taxes, duties and so on it may not be.

What does everyone think? Which is the better option right now? Or would it be even better to go with amazon.com (or some other place that won't ship to Canada) and use shipito.com?
In which city do you live?

Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

@nobodysbusiness pls check you pm

thank you

@gtessier00: In the Kitchener-Waterloo area. Just far enough from Toronto to make a drive there annoying, but I suppose I could make it out there if needed.

@frankie: Thanks for the PM, I'll consider it as an option.

I'm from Kitchener as well.
I ended up cancelling my amazon.com order and buying it for $600 USD on eBay (free shipping, no tax)

Picked it up from NY state!

Tags
buy, canada, canadian, cost, n900, provider, providers, retailers, rogers, wind