Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I've decided to make this thread to see how many people found any bugs with the fCamera app.

We can list it here and share our experienced with this cool new app.

Personally, I found something like this.

The screen flashing green when rotating.
I think this bug has been confirmed by the developer.

But if you have found any more please post it here.

===

I also would like to know how can i get HDR image with this app? I set it to HDR but the image captured is not muxed as one. All as separate files.

Also there is no Flash LED flash option at all. Camera sound is annoying lol. "Ding ding"!

Overall I like this app over the original camera, I can do so much more than the standard one. But there are still along way to go before it can replace the stock camera.

===

Keep the water pipe running !

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-07-25 at 20:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
for ready-made HDR, you need a different app from the FCam project, FCamera does not do this.

I found some minor problems: The month of the time stamp (used for naming the file) is incorrect (July is 06, should be 07).

As the raw files are really large (11MB) there should be an option to write only the JPEG formatted image in user-settable quality.

It should display appropriate warnings if the lens slider is closed before shooting, or not closed when terminating the app.

Behavior of the buttons on the right is a bit inconsistent, some update their shown A (automatic) value by itself, others only when pressing the camera button (like distance/focus).

Thank you FCam-team for that great app FCamera - can't wait for the other two apps to be pushed to Maemo Extras.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
There is no EXIF data in the output jpeg files.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Glasgow, United Kingdom
Was a little bit excited when saw the news that we could shoot in RAW format on our N900. So did a wee bit test 2day, however, the results are so under expected.

I installed all the three apps, FCamera, Lowlight and HDRcapture. The FCamera shoots in DNG format, but when I preview the results in PS CS4 on my Mac, OMG, even much worse than the pictures taken by the default camera application. As I've got a really nice weather condition (good light condition) 2day in Glasgow, the results I tested is not accepted if Nokia calls this is 'something amazing'. All the pictures I took were in a very strange 'green' color, tried to modify them through Lightroom or CameraRaw on my Mac, it didn't help much to change the result.

I have to say, I love my N900, but the camera function is far behind my new iPhone4. iPhone4's camera result is amazing. So I used to think FCamera is the one that I can use to fight back, well, so far, it looks that I was wrong. Or maybe I missed sth about DNG format? Any pre-setup needs to be done before bringing them into PS or LR?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I keep deleting photos under the Fcamera folder and once I open the application up they keep appearing again, so now I have a bunch of old files that are corrupted.Anyone has this problem?

We had a bad bug in our dng files we managed to introduce at the last minute that made everything cyan when viewed in photoshop. It's fixed and the update will be live soon. I think the green flash was fixed in our last update (this morning?). If not it will definitely be fixed in the next one - it's fixed in the version I have on my phone.

EXIF data in the jpegs is definitely on the todo list.

- Andrew (one of the fcam devs)

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to abadams For This Useful Post:
sophocha - fcamera stores a .dng file and a .dng.thumb file (which is a thumbnail, so that fcamera doesn't have to load the whole dng file just to browse through the images). I just discovered if you delete the .thumb file in the file manager without also deleting the .dng file, fcamera gets a little confused and shows an error message for that file. Could this be what's happening?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
When using the app, the battery draining really quickly. Is this a bug anyone else encounter?

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
The screen flashing green when rotating.
I think this bug has been confirmed by the developer.
This is happening to my n900.

Green Flashing when rotate has been fixed. Thanks to everyone help pointing it out earlier.