Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You're new to the troll game, aren't you?

Anyway, as it stands... if it's not a product for you, then why invest so much anger into it?

I know, I know... the irony of my own statements don't escape me.
Troll? huh since when i be one of them? and do you actually know what the "lol" stands for? who is angry here huh, not me that's for sure as i am more than happy with my N900 especially after what i have achieved with it.

Gerbick you could not be further away from your own statements.

Better get the popcorn this looks to be fun lol.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So wait. If you're happy with the N900, then why the swordplay/threat to Nokia?

No popcorn necessary. I'm trying to figure out your new vector as of late... and decided that it was too erratic to pin down.

So, I'll dismiss it instead. Glad you're happy with your N900, keep up the good work on the posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Yes i can agree if your right but what is supposed to be and what is actual are two different things.

Why do we have all the problems we have if they are actually compatible with eachother, so now we know Meego is the future then why did Nokia give out a lame excuse for a Meego OS?, obviously a first attempt at the Meego OS so where is the compatibility occuring here?.

@ lordfury007 , My point never was that Maemo on the N900 was a perfect product.

My point was that Nokia supplied a fully functional peice of software

How can you say this ??? is this some kind of sick joke? lol.
It functions fine for me - i can make and recieve phone calls, text messages, emails, can surf the internet, connect to wifi and bluetooth, play music and movies... and thats with the base software.

Face it - this phone does more out of the box than any normal laptop, yet you wouldn't complain if a laptop had less functionality than this, straight out of the box.

What you are looking for, is something that does everything for you, exactly the way you want it to, and you don't have to put any effort into it at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordfury007 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So wait. If you're happy with the N900, then why the swordplay/threat to Nokia?

No popcorn necessary. I'm trying to figure out your new vector as of late... and decided that it was too erratic to pin down.

So, I'll dismiss it instead. Glad you're happy with your N900, keep up the good work on the posts.
Zorro is a heroic charector from a series of movies and i was playing the heroin as a joke, why you have to be so serious man lol (reminds me of that yank tennis player John McEnroe lol) anyhow i am sure you mean well, maybe you should consider a job with Nokia as a security guard at the devlopment dept .

Originally Posted by lordfury007 View Post
It functions fine for me - i can make and recieve phone calls, text messages, emails, can surf the internet, connect to wifi and bluetooth, play music and movies... and thats with the base software.

Face it - this phone does more out of the box than any normal laptop, yet you wouldn't complain if a laptop had less functionality than this, straight out of the box.

What you are looking for, is something that does everything for you, exactly the way you want it to, and you don't have to put any effort into it at all.
Well i would never say it does everything i want it to do but there again what mobile does?, i am happy with mine but i had to do a lot of work to it myself to get it there no thanks to the maker.

If your happy then great so no further comment.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Marketing hype.

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
...why did Nokia give out a lame excuse for a Meego OS?, obviously a first attempt at the Meego OS so where is the compatibility occuring here?.
What's lame about MeeGo? It's not finished yet. Does that make it lame? It's way, way too early to pass judgment. Lame or not remains to be seen when devices running final versions hit the market. Since it will be basically a full-stack, open mobile Linux OS (similar to Maemo) I doubt anyone who likes Linux will consider MeeGo lame.

As for compatibility, read my previous sentence and think Qt.

My point was that Nokia supplied a fully functional peice of software[/B]

How can you say this ??? is this some kind of sick joke? lol.
The base Maemo OS is fully functional and quite nice. Excellent UI. 'Fully fuctional' regarding the included or available apps depends strictly on your expectations and needs. For me they're almost 100% functional. The only things really missing is DocsToGo Premium (coming any day now) and bluetooth printing (Mace is working on it).
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
if placing and receiving gsm based audio calls is your primary use for a mobile device, no, the n900 is not the device for you.
I never quite fully understand where this "the n900 is not the device for you" come from.

If a device (N900 or not) is capable of doing task A, as well as B, C, D. Then why would me wanting a device that's capable of doing task A would exclude me from choosing a device that can also do B, C and D...especially when I don't mind paying more for features that I don't need (after all, who really use 100% of the features of any tools, devices...etc?).

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by chatbox View Post
I never quite fully understand where this "the n900 is not the device for you" come from.

If a device (N900 or not) is capable of doing task A, as well as B, C, D. Then why would me wanting a device that's capable of doing task A would exclude me from choosing a device that can also do B, C and D...especially when I don't mind paying more for features that I don't need (after all, who really use 100% of the features of any tools, devices...etc?).
It's not that wanting to have task A will make a ABCD device the wrong one to get (as long as you're okay with paying for BCD without ever using them).

It's wanting to have task E (MMS), F (10 racing games to choose from), G (everything pre-installed) that makes the ABCD device the wrong choice. In that case one should rather try to get an AEFG device.

Tags
just more, verbal diarrhea