K. You're all so technically knowledable.

So, my first guess would be that you're all programmers and whatnot.

But I know better than to assume.

BUT STILL.
I curious.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I'm a trainee evil overlord in alternative universe K-299-Zorg.

In fact, I'll be getting my evil empire of my own next month, after the final evaluation. Can't wait.

Whoever has a postcount of 100+ on ITT is a geek. There is no way around it haha. I do support/dev for a webapp.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
lazyness, pure and simple

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
My postcount is well over 100, but I'm in here since Oct 2005, so I had almost three years time.

My job has a lot to do with Unix, Linux, and esp. Solaris. I'm currently not doing software engineering for a living, and am happy about it, because when spending the whole day coding, there's no motivation left for working on opensource projects in my free time.
I hold a master degree in computer science (well, actually the German equivalent, diploma) and look back on 15 years of coding experience. Oh yeah, I'm also one of those few guys who were contacted by Google, CA last year for a phone screening. Maybe if I had done a little better in the exam, I would be working in Mountain View, CA right now.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Retired/unemployed, then editor, but tech support dude before that. I was just reading an essay on Wittgenstein and the difference between "slab!" and "bring me that slab!"

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Barrie, Ontario, Canada
I usually pop in for reading, keeping up, and problem solving.

I'm a certified geek, computer engineering diploma with a strrong unix/linux background. I currently am labelled an "application analyst" at a law firm in Toronto, where I spend my days coding, deploy applications remotely, problem solving, and being an all around go to geek. In fact I'm relaxing at a cottage where my Blackjack 2 has fallen to EDGE and I'm still teathered with my 810 while overlooking a lake and typing this. I'm just that geeky.

Currently creeping along a PhD in HiFU.

Before that, lectured in Computer Games tech for a London uni, and Computer Science for another London Uni.

Masters in Computer Vision, Imaging and Virtual Environments and BSc in Comp Sci.

Geek :-/

Occupation?

Web applications designer for two small companies in town and a full time high school student...

I may just be the lowest man on the totem pole here

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
I'm currently studying Electrical & Electronical Engineering with Telecommunications at uni, here in London. (the only reason I took this degree is to end up working at Nokia !) <-- Maybe Textrat can help me out with that

I have a post count over 100 yet I'm no geek...yet

Football (the real one, not with with the quarterbacks) is my other big occupation.

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Tags
jobs