Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Hi,
I have uploaded a binary only playtest of liqbase to the web.

http://liquid.googlepages.com/lcuk

video of the overview is here, however some more has come online since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUPp_mE7rwI

If you have any questions ask me here.

edit:

a new sketch is saved every time you close the "do some drawing" screen.
There is no edit yet.
Various export file formats will come with time, its all vector based.
Sketches can be given a textual identifier (using the real hardware keyboard whilst creating)
the first 90 Sketches visible in the physics section
graffiti wall zooms with hardware zoom buttons.
game is not a game, its the basis for the proper art editing side of graffiti (try naming a sketch "Close" or "New" to see tiny minor difference)

In the zip I have included a few base sketches to get started (rather than a blank folder)

more eggs as i remember (and/or) compile them back in.

Last edited by lcuk; 2008-06-25 at 22:52. Reason: adding info

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
video of the overview is here, however some more has come online since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUPp_mE7rwI

If you have any questions ask me here
Nice video. I'll definitely be interested once I install diablo, and there is a deb packaged. Or I get ambitious.
I'm curious about the file format options. Word and Excel would probably be too much to ask for. I wouldn't mind saving as txt at all. The big issue would be what format the sketches are, so I can copy to PC to print and view.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Code:
22:51:40 Unknown event 33, let me know what happened at [lcuk's email address]
Happened when I got an IM and pidgin stole focus.

Overall, VERY nice! Only problem I had was that when I made the colors darker in drawing, the quality got worse. Still, keep up the good work! Can't wait for the final version. This iis the type of application we need to really show off the tablets!

Last edited by TrueJournals; 2008-06-25 at 16:25.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hah, brilliant, thanks!

(BTW, If I hadn't had known, I'd have guessed straight off from the accent that you come from the North :P )

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Code:
22:51:40 Unknown event 33, let me know what happened [myemailaddress]
Happened when I got an IM and pidgin stole focus.
Thanks normally email requests should be emailed and not posted to the world, but the actual bailout is because the app is working in a paranoid mode and would rather bailout than leave itself in an unexpected state.

It is a known unknown at this point and will be handled shortly.

Originally Posted by TheGogmagog View Post
Nice video. I'll definitely be interested once I install diablo, and there is a deb packaged. Or I get ambitious.
I'm curious about the file format options. Word and Excel would probably be too much to ask for. I wouldn't mind saving as txt at all. The big issue would be what format the sketches are, so I can copy to PC to print and view.

no deb yet, not a personal priority and coding time is limited.
file formats will come with time, word/excel hmmm not a priority.
.txt? you mean the contents of the file or actual ascii art.

i would have thought a proper set of formats would be svg and png but thats just me.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
Thanks normally email requests should be emailed and not posted to the world
Sorry about that... It was late last night for me, and I was kind of tired. I removed your e-mail address from my post.

Seeing your edit on the first post about naming sketches makes me a little disappointed that I have a n800 and no bluetooth keyboard. I'd like to see a way to name notes on the n800.

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Seeing your edit on the first post about naming sketches makes me a little disappointed that I have a n800 and no bluetooth keyboard. I'd like to see a way to name notes on the n800.
I agree with you and tagging on the new interface already operates by grouping sketches with other sketches rather than text based.

As a temp measure for the playtest I have removed the naming requirement for the "physics" view and it will simply show the first 90 sketches named or not.

just redownload and replace to update.

Last edited by lcuk; 2008-06-25 at 17:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
I keep trying to run this app and all I get when I run ./liqbase (or sh ./liqbase, etc) is "permission denied." I tried this as user and as root.

I unzipped the file copied the directory to mmc1, mkdir _apg in /home/user/MyDocs, chmod 777 _apg.

So everything should be right.
Running n810 with Diablo
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
I keep trying to run this app and all I get when I run ./liqbase (or sh ./liqbase, etc) is "permission denied." I tried this as user and as root.
combatdoc, if you have copied the folder onto a FAT partition it will not have execute rights (usually the mmcX partitions).

Extract the folder into your home folder or somewhere else where you can set the execute permissions for the binary ./liqbase