Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
I have been worked a little bit on translation, for german.

I need help, evtl. one or more person get in transifex.

There are just 4 strings left. Where do you need help?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Yes, that's an expected one. Its not very good in autocomplete due to the difficulties in parsing of sub-strings. However, it does start to pick up correctly while you type in the string and I have found it rather helpful.
No doubt it is helpful. It only affects us plebes on crappy hardware. An option to turn it off, perhaps?

Note that Poor/WhoGo/Pure maps cache the search results and will not bug the server if the string is the same as before. So, to search again, you would have to close/open the map client.
Yes, I figured out the caching. Sorry, I did not mention it to but I did close and open between searches.

Time difference between request and parsed query is induced by libpostal. So, in your case, that's a performance limitation (RAM/CPU/all together). Not much can be done by me here, unfortunately.
Well, what can you do. Thanks for your effort, much appreciated.

Actually, there is one thing that I meant to ask/suggest. Something tells me I may even have mentioned it somewhere. All commercial satnav I have ever used required me to enter the address in separate fields: country, town, street, house number. In that order. There was no way to for example enter the street without selecting the town first. It seems logical, I do not often want to go to Oxford Street in "any town".

Would that kind of hierarchical address entry help?

that's a bug then on Valhalla's side, I think.
A funny one. Oh well, I can live with it. Now that I know how it works, I can figure out that "bee-three-three" probably means B303, since B33 would be "bee-thirty-three". Easy.

Bäd news. I hoped it was solved by Osmo in one of his commits. Will open an issue, its a nasty bug. Have you tried killing Pure Maps, as was suggested in that thread?
Sorry, I forgot. I even had a script and still forgot. I will try that next time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Actually, there is one thing that I meant to ask/suggest. Something tells me I may even have mentioned it somewhere. All commercial satnav I have ever used required me to enter the address in separate fields: country, town, street, house number. In that order. There was no way to for example enter the street without selecting the town first. It seems logical, I do not often want to go to Oxford Street in "any town".
Even so I have a built in satnav which has no separate fields for input (maybe because it supports spoken commands). I would second pichlos suggestion.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
[...]
As you can see, there is always a 30-40 seconds delay between the "Request" line and "Parsed query". That cannot be explained by partial searches.

Note that Poor/WhoGo/Pure maps cache the search results and will not bug the server if the string is the same as before. So, to search again, you would have to close/open the map client.

Time difference between request and parsed query is induced by libpostal. So, in your case, that's a performance limitation (RAM/CPU/all together). Not much can be done by me here, unfortunately.
These timings (30 - 40 s for libpostal) are what I see on my Jolla 1, too (and subsequent searches for the same search string return immediately, due to being cached).
IMO this is well usable and does not appear / "feel" to be slower than other "big apps" on this outdated device (browser, PDF viewer, Android apps). One has to be a bit patient with a Jolla 1 in so many situations / applications, anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
featureRequest ( ( ((pure-maps)) ) )

. waypoint
.. gif waypoint-address
... avatar waypoint

. will nice to have waypoint support, could be usefull to the limited osm database address
.. will nice to have a default gif to mark an instant waypoint-address. like a flag, look good on 3D mode. but also to mark a quick waypoint
... will nice to have avatar support in waypoint. maps will look revamped

i will contribute with starbucks.

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-08-31 at 04:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
There are just 4 strings left. Where do you need help?
I think a review and evtl. better translation for some words will possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Is there a way to limit the search to a soecific country?
Settings in scout server only say 'search in all maps'.
And I could not manage to limit search by giving country name.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
I think a review and evtl. better translation for some words will possible.
Will have a look at the weekend

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Is there a way to limit the search to a soecific country?
Settings in scout server only say 'search in all maps'.
And I could not manage to limit search by giving country name.
Sure, its OSM Scout Server setting. You disable "Search in all maps" in Settings/GeocoderNLP. On the main screen you will see then country selector - choose the country/region you like.

No doubt it is helpful. It only affects us plebes on crappy hardware. An option to turn it off, perhaps?
Issue at https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/35

I suggest to proceed as follows. I will add ability to search without libpostal parsing and using the primitive parser only. Then, in essence, the same feature will be available without major GUI changes. Just start typing the addresses using the format the primitive parser expects: from inner to outer, separate by commas. Then, in future, when J1 will disappear, we can just continue using the same stack as now.

Issue filed https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/280

@olf: thanks for opening the issues. I will address them in time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
featureRequest ( ( ((pure-maps)) ) )

. waypoint
.. gif waypoint-address
... avatar waypoint

. will nice to have waypoint support, could be usefull to the limited osm database address
.. will nice to have a default gif to mark an instant waypoint-address. like a flag, look good on 3D mode. but also to mark a quick waypoint
... will nice to have avatar support in waypoint. maps will look revamped

i will contribute with starbucks.
What do you name as a waypoint? Is it something like stored location, aka POI? I am working on POIs right now, but haven't had a plan to make 3D animated flags

What's avatar waypoint?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: