Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Any idea how to attach them?
No, I didn't try them, just looked at the documentation. Maybe Silica ApplicationWindow is not a QML ApplicationWindow?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
Any idea how to attach them?
I got this from harbour-storeman.qml:

Code:
    Connections {
        target: __quickWindow
        onClosing: ....
    }
maybe it works for you as well

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wdehoog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by wdehoog View Post
I got this from harbour-storeman.qml:

Code:
    Connections {
    }
maybe it works for you as well
Thank you, this works! Let's see, how with the hanging case...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
So, when adding

Code:
Connections {
    }
we get the onClosing fired. But no destructors, unfortunately.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@rinigus, outside of the current hunting of the snark... err, I mean, the hanging bug, I have to report one more thing ;(

First of all HUGE thanks for the POI management. It was a feature badly missing in WhoGo and early versions of Pure. But it may still need some attention. When I selected "Clear map" from the menu this morning, it wiped all my laboriously added POIs. That might be as intended but it was not as expected. I would expect "Clear map" to clear any marks you've made on the map but to keep POIs alone.

Another option might be to remove the "Clear map" option altogether, if the only marks on the map are POIs anyway, and/or move it to the POI management page.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@rinigus, outside of the current hunting of the snark... err, I mean, the hanging bug, I have to report one more thing ;(

First of all HUGE thanks for the POI management. It was a feature badly missing in WhoGo and early versions of Pure. But it may still need some attention. When I selected "Clear map" from the menu this morning, it wiped all my laboriously added POIs. That might be as intended but it was not as expected. I would expect "Clear map" to clear any marks you've made on the map but to keep POIs alone.

Another option might be to remove the "Clear map" option altogether, if the only marks on the map are POIs anyway, and/or move it to the POI management page.
A question: did you mark your POIs as "bookmarked"? Clear map should remove only non-bookmarked POIs, and that's by design. This allows you to do the following:

[1] manage your favorite POIs, bookmark them

[2] make a search for cafes around you and show them all on map

[3] make search for addresses and show them all

[4] calculate route

On clear map, all temporary indicators are removed: [2], [3], and [4]. The bookmarked ones stay [1].

Its clear that the management of POIs has not been transparent enough then. Ideas for improvement and having the similar behavior?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
A question: did you mark your POIs as "bookmarked"?
No, I did not. More precisely, I did at first but did not see any difference so I "unbookmarked" them.
Thanks, that clears it up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Hi there short question, i am working on translation for German.
So all Germans here:
Is "POI" okay , or it is better to translated on "Sehenswürdigkeiten" or similar. .

I am open for hints and suggestions.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Another observation: if you take an alternative turn and get rerouted, the progress bar in the navigation page is reset and starts from zero. I can understand how that can come about but it is somehow misleading.

I think the easiest solution to that would be to assume that
progress = (distance traveled from start + distance to destination) / (distance traveled from start)

That way, the app would not need to remember the entire route and can easily throw it away on rerouting. It only needs to remember how much it traveled since the press of the "Begin" button.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
Hi there short question, i am working on translation for German.
So all Germans here:
Is "POI" okay , or it is better to translated on "Sehenswürdigkeiten" or similar. .

I am open for hints and suggestions.
I prefer shortness over accuracy.
Also "Sehenswürdigkeiten" is not even most accurate to translate POI because it is rooted in a sigthseeing context. There is not much Sightseeing to do at the work places i save as POI mostly
POIs are more general and would need to be something clunky like "Punkte von Interesse" or "gespeicherte Orte/Ziele". So i prefer POI for better readability and propably text flow.

Edit:
If there is something like an introduction or manual, i would write/define "gespeicherte Orte (POI)" once and keep POI for the rest of the apearences in app.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: