Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Booster has been there since the beginning, its all about minimising memory footprint with the qt framework iirc.
IIRC it basically preloads some of the QT related libraries so apps that are using the booster correctly should start faster and share the libraries (even though that should happen anyway with dynamic linking).

Anyone with better understanding is welcome to elaborate in more detail.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
i am not sure when sf -v 2.2.2, will arrive. pure-maps -v 2.0.0, will arrive first i guess

edit: just joking...

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-09-26 at 18:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. A couple of things. What would be tbe best approach for installing Google Play Store, Right now I'm just sideloading apps.

Also, what android browser are folks using. Firefox is a real slug. So far, I'm getting the most responsiveness from the browser called Puffin.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. A couple of things. What would be tbe best approach for installing Google Play Store, Right now I'm just sideloading apps.

Also, what android browser are folks using. Firefox is a real slug. So far, I'm getting the most responsiveness from the browser called Puffin.
why not f-droid + fennec or icecat ?

Thanks! I'll give a try and let you know how they compare.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Fennec did not work. It just crashes. I'm on tablet. Maybe I need an older version of fenec. Perhaps one compatible with KitKat. Not sure if apps that are designed with more recent SDK will always work on Jolla tablet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
from what warehouse you installed fennec? f-droid or google-play-store?
what exact you looking for on a webbrowser?
what is the hardware you are testing? jolla tablet?

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-09-26 at 19:57.

Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
from what warehouse you installed fennec? f-droid or google-play-store?
what exact you looking for on a webbrowser?
what is the hardware you are testing? jolla tablet?
I used f-droid to download fennec as you suggested. I'm running fennec on Jolla Tablet. I don't have Google play store on tablet.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I used f-droid to download fennec as you suggested. I'm running fennec on Jolla Tablet. I don't have Google play store on tablet.
well i have installed fennec in my device sony xperia x it work good. f-droid will not install an app if ur android is not compatible.

Thanks. As I recall, when I tried to sideload the browser, Puffin, I noticed that the version that worked on my Jolla Tablet was extracted from a phone that had either KitKat or Marshmellow firmware (can't remember which right now). The version I tried that came from phone with Oreo did not work . Same thing happened when I tried to sideload Firefox. This is not the case with all apps. But seemed consistent with browsers which might be understandable based on security issues that might be addressed with more recent SDK. Or could be some other reason...