Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by madry72 View Post
Does anyone of saimaa early adopters see a massive slowdown in android app opening ? Any of my droid apps takes minimum 8sec. to start. It's ridiculous considering that even the smalest apps, normaly starting in <1 ; 1-2 sec now launches even longer than the most heavy ones.
Not that I can notice. As an example, opening andLess (a very simple music player) is almost instantaneous. Opening Amazon Store takes a few seconds, but that's normal and was always like that.

Maybe you have some patch/hack shutting down the alien-dalvik environment?

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Not that I can notice. As an example, opening andLess (a very simple music player) is almost instantaneous. Opening Amazon Store takes a few seconds, but that's normal and was always like that.

Maybe you have some patch/hack shutting down the alien-dalvik environment?
So its rather due to some issue with my upgrade process. Due to some problems with complaining ssu when using version --dup I used zypper dist-upgrade. Also I had to readd my jolla account. I thought about that and no, there seem to be all needed processes in the background. I've restarted alien dalvik a few times and rebooted to be sure but with no difference.

Has anyone else noticed Bluetooth Speakers disconnecting noticeably more often on Saimaa than before? I've seen this on both my Girlfriend's and my own Speakers. Same Model, though.

I did a full wipe (first one after years, had to because of those btrfs issues we all love) on the phone before installing.

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
After use SFOS 2 on my phone now a long time I still don't get it.

The UI is broken I always swipe wrong directions.

SFOS 1 was better.

Lets see how it works on tablet...

if I get a tablet that is....

For me the update is called 1.1.9.30 called Eineheminlampi too not 2.0... is that normal?

PS: the update was very fast.

My selfanswer, 1.1.9.30 is like a preupdate for Saimaa.

Last edited by strobovalo; 2015-11-03 at 22:33.

Great!!!

First came update 1.1.9.30 and after that ... Saimaa!

Saimaa is biggest lake in Finland and so is this update 4 Jolla...

Everything at update went smoothly and surprisingly fast...

Thänks for Jolla team!

Now i have to find out something bad to say about this update

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Updating now.. I just hope this update solves the issue of closing (reopening) apps cause it is killing me.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Updated. Seems to run much smoother. Transitions are better. Like the enhanced functionality of notifications screen. Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
so been using jolla for a while now..
I really do like the UI.. loving the new features in the newest update

I like how all the shortcuts are available in the events view..
but.. annoyed that u cant access events view from anywhere (unless you activate the left swipe which I dislike... and even when u do, when u swipe again u go back to home screen rather than the app u were just in)
also dislike that I cant access the pulley menu from homescreen (only available in lockscreen.. what? why?!)

also hating the fact that if its low on memory, its closing all my apps INCLUDING the app im currently in! GRR

and previous on sailfish1.0, the peak was used to look at the time/date/battery etc
now I have no use for the peek feature on sailfish2.0...
I like the swiping to get out of apps, but theres no real use of peeking anymore...
its not like im able to peek into other apps for info and un-peek to resume what I was doing.. so there really is no use for peeking anymore (me thinks anyways)

and I miss the swipe down to lock...
maybe they can implement two swipe downs to lock (rather than swipe down, and then click).. iv now resorted to locking with the power button now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toki For This Useful Post: