Notices

i'm having a problem now. whatsup refuses to stratup. I see the spinning cover in the home page. when I launch it from the command line I see
Code:
[D] Utilities::logData:30 - Inserting message in database: BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:;Ch'ng Chee Wei;;;
FN:Ch'ng Chee Wei
TEL;type=CELL;type=VOICE:xxxxxxxxxx
END:VCARD - error
this error repeats itself endlessly.

I tried deleting the VCF and it reappeared again. This contact was attached in one of the messages and sent to me by a friend.

Is there anything I can do to recover the situation?

i am guessing it has something to do with the messages (<phone number>.db) in /home/nemo/.whatsup folder and the some id or key field in /home/user/whatsup-log file. i'll try and see if I can find the message that has that VCF contact attached and I will try to delete that message from the messages db. any help here?

btw, I tried importing a contact into my phone contact from whatsup and it gets stuck in Sailfish OS showing importing VCF with the rotating circle.

Last edited by droll; 2015-04-22 at 03:52.

ok i figured out i cannot fix this problem. the vcf must be the one causing the issue and i suspect it is the apostrophe character screwing up your sqlite statement when you try to save it the db.

turns out the vcf attachment is not yet in the messages table. it was recently sent by a friend and it is still sitting on whatsapp servers with an undelivered status. everytime i fire up whatsup, it will attempt to download the vcf, and succeed. but it will fail when inserting it into messages table.

i had to register with android whatsapp again to receive the offending message. i am now waiting for 5 mins to elapse so i can launch whatsup again and reregister again.

Last edited by droll; 2015-04-22 at 06:27.

CepiPerez thanks for your implementation of WhatsApp for Sailfish!!!
It was working very stable... But after update few days ago it started to freeze from time to time. It keeps reconnecting. What has changed?

This message I'm getting in log file:

Code:
Socket error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Retry the connection in 10 seconds.
Connection status: disconnected
Disconnection done
And why does whatsup process keeps eating 25-50% of CPU?

Last edited by Tualatin; 2015-04-22 at 11:19.

had to uninstall whatsup and go back to the android whatsapp app.. due to the fact that for some odd reason whatsup was eating my data and even when on wifi.. it was killing my internet speed and ping...

everything went back to normal once I uninstalled whatsup

i'm seeing a problematic behaviour now. whatsup disconnects when the phone goes to sleep after a while. it never used to do that. after I wiped out the cepiperez config folder and re-ran whatsup and reregistered, i'm now seeing this.

help??

hi htheb i have installed whatsup on nexus for but the font is too small..how to change it?? and in addicition the name of contact overlay with some other items on conv...thanks

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
any word from Cepi for why the voice notes is not working?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
I think that you need to add the missing codecs from the warehouse

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
It's SailfishOS on Jolla can't play some audio types, it's not Cepi problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup