Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
@ From Vertu with Love, if you are using the wifi tethering, you may have experienced the bug where the battery drain is high even when you turn off the wifi hotspot.

Only a reboot helps in this case.

It's not clear if the bug has been corrected yet, See TJC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
My Jolla battery drains 20-30% each day (depending how many times I read emails, SMS, etc), with WiFi on everytime, 3G SIM card (but not using 3G Internet), Bluetooth off, GPS off, Android runtime off.
Lucky you. Mine drains DOWN TO 29-39% each day. I took it off the charger about 90 minutes ago at 100% and it is down to 95% now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Lucky you. Mine drains DOWN TO 29-39% each day. I took it off the charger about 90 minutes ago at 100% and it is down to 95% now.
Hey guys, ever tried a BB Z10? from 100% to empty in max 10hrs (normal use) ... so 39% per day is still good (even compared to iPhone, Android, ...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
Hey guys, ever tried a BB Z10? from 100% to empty in max 10hrs (normal use) ... so 39% per day is still good (even compared to iPhone, Android, ...)
I remember when I had a Z10. Full charge when I went to bed, completely uncharged when I woke up. I had one app open. That's when I knew I couldn't stick with it much longer, got a Lumia 1020 soon after.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
if im on wifi, my battery lasts ages!
for me its similar to you guys.. itll only drain about 20-30% if on wifi all day

but if im on 4G.. battery is gone in about 8-10hrs
3G it lasts a bit longer

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

There are many factors.
1. Battery capacity (don't drop battery onto hard surfaces! Li-ion batteries can suffer from that);
2. Connectivity (if you leave WiFi or Cellular or Bluetooth or GPS or FM or something transmitting... and if, for some reason, it has to transmit loudly - for example, cellular tower is not particularly visible indoors, or it is trying to find all the WiFi connections available around it);
3. Apps (or daemons) open, refreshing something every minute, and so on (especially widgets);
4. Memory leaks in long-open apps-or-daemons;
5. Screen-display brightness, as well as keyboard back-light.

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
oh whuuuut? leaving my app open being idle will use up a lot of battery?

but what if its just my message app or the calender?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It's spelt calendar

And it depends on the app. Well written apps idle well, with no battery drain. Runaway apps can indeed drain your battery in virtually no time at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I'd love to get back to 20-30%. Since the last update my Jolla keeps disabling 3g data and with that disabled I seem to get a phenomenal 8-10%. I'd rather it kept 3g enabled as having to check all the time and toggling flight mode to get it back is becoming tiresome.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

You are not alone; I generally get about the same drain rate as you

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience