Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Why is that?
What did you do?
Any error message?
1) I loaded the page http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/fremantle/free/p/pybluez/ in the stock internet browser.
2) I clicked on python-bluez_0.18-1maemo1_armel.deb
3) Open file with program manager
4) "Program not from Nokia", agree and install
5) Message from program manager "Installation from "python-bluez" not possible. Program not compatible."

That's it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to druk13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Ah ok never tried this. But you could try this:

If extra repository is enabled you can just install it with apt.

1. start terminal
2. sudo gainroot
3. apt-get install python-bluez

or you downloaded the deb file

1. start terminal
2. sudo gainroot
3. dpkg -i python-bluez_0.18-1maemo1_armel.deb

The first method is better because it will install all dependencies.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Ah ok never tried this. But you could try this:

If extra repository is enabled you can just install it with apt.

1. start terminal
2. sudo gainroot
3. apt-get install python-bluez

or you downloaded the deb file

1. start terminal
2. sudo gainroot
3. dpkg -i python-bluez_0.18-1maemo1_armel.deb

The first method is better because it will install all dependencies.
apt-get has done the job .

After successful pairing the Pebble Time Steel (639B) with the N900 (confirmation of pairing on both devices), the bluetooth icon is white and not blue. In the Window with details to the bluetooth device, the disconnect button is grayed out?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to druk13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
druk13, it doesn't really work like a regular bluetooth device. So you will need to start the apt from the command line. cd to the folder the .py is in, then start it with python maebbled.py. and depending on if you have everything set up right it should work.

good luck.

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
druk13, it doesn't really work like a regular bluetooth device. So you will need to start the apt from the command line. cd to the folder the .py is in, then start it with python maebbled.py. and depending on if you have everything set up right it should work.

good luck.

x
I've maebbled v0.91.01 from https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maebble/ running with th following limitations:

Pebble phone call:
Phone call is shown, but sending a message or cancel the phone call is not working.

Pebble sms:
SMS is not shown on Pebble, but maebbled shows the SMS on the N900.

Pebble music player:
Changing variable "use_oscp" from "True" to "False" solved the problem in parts. Play/Pause/Previous/Next is working. Volume Up/Down and updating of music title not working.

I think I should try the beta version 0.92

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to druk13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by druk13 View Post
I've maebbled v0.91.01 from https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maebble/ running with th following limitations:

Pebble phone call:
Phone call is shown, but sending a message or cancel the phone call is not working.

Pebble sms:
SMS is not shown on Pebble, but maebbled shows the SMS on the N900.

Pebble music player:
Changing variable "use_oscp" from "True" to "False" solved the problem in parts. Play/Pause/Previous/Next is working. Volume Up/Down and updating of music title not working.

I think I should try the beta version 0.92
I'm using the .92 vers.

oscp false is what I use. Volume works, but you have to press the center button once then it switches to volume which will switch back pretty quickly to next/previous buttons.

Never thought I could cancel the phone call. It has never worked, but will try it again to make sure. pebble classic could never reply to text from the watch as far as I know. So I never expected this feature. I get txt msg, calls & email popup fine. But that's pretty much it for me.

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by xman View Post
SNIP pebble classic could never reply to text from the watch as far as I know. So I never expected this feature.SNIP
The classic was always able to respond to messages with canned responses that you can populate through the Pebble app. You could also install one of many third party apps that would allow you to respond to messages in a wide variety of ways.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
The classic was always able to respond to messages with canned responses that you can populate through the Pebble app. You could also install one of many third party apps that would allow you to respond to messages in a wide variety of ways.
I think this is only available to iOS and android users (possible sialfish), but I have not seen this option any where. Please share if you have a way since it would be very handy.

x

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
OK, so these are the hacks I am using to get this run since I had to reinstall

make /usr/bin/pebble (and chmod +x it afterward) pointing to maebble.cfg is bolded, this is the secret sauce for me.
Code:
#! /bin/sh
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:"Starting Maebble Daemon w/Diagnostics ON for Pebble Watch"
osso-xterm -e "python /home/user/MyDocs/Maebble/maebbled.py --print_maemo --config_file /home/user/.config/maebble/maebble.cfg"
To get functional daylight savings or easy hack travel time zones on your Pebble watch; change these lines in settings.py in your maebble directory
Code:
def get_localtime():^M
    ts = 0^M
# uncomment the +23 line below (spring/daylight savings time in UCT +2 zone customize for your zone(ie: (utc +2 - 1hr = 1) (24-1=23))) & uncomment != 0:(fall standard time) line which will sync with GMT on your phone, set + number for correct local time vs UCT(zulu/GMT time).^M
    if time.daylight != 0:^M
    #if time.daylight > +23:^M
        ts = int(time.time()) - time.altzone^M
    else:^M
        ts = int(time.time()) - time.timezone^M
    return ts^M
and the hildon desktop so you get an icon(requires openwatch for the icon) /home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon/pebble.desktop

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pebble
Icon=/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/openwatch.png
Exec=/usr/bin/pebble
Type=Application
Since I have control of the Maebble garage page I will have to make time to put these there as well as the v0.91 from proprog's dropbox.

If you see a better way to do any of this let me know.
this works for me but I would actually prefer to have it load the daemon at boot or when it sees the watch on BT, I don't imagine it is any worse than the bloat of any other watcher daemons running, what would the best/most standard Maemo way to make this happen?

Last edited by biketool; 2018-12-17 at 15:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Any chance to get this into the repositories, I have reflashed my N900 and could get it to run again after that. But this thread is all over the place so not sure what steps are still relevant.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble time, smart watch