Does anyone know if any the system load applets work on the HE?

Originally Posted by Linear2202 View Post
Does anyone know if any the system load applets work on the HE?
No, I do not believe they do.

Thanks.

I tried installing one in particular and it would install but never launched on reboot.

I see that skype comes up in the application manager. Has anyone tried this?

-Jonathan

Is anyone having issues with the RSS reader in the new HE? Mine started out fine, but have started to run into parsing and refresh issues that weren't present in the 2006 OS. Thinking something is corrupted somewhere and I need to reflash, but first thought I see what others thought.

Originally Posted by urban1 View Post
Thanks for the list. I can add AisleRiot solitaire to the list. I, however, have problems with minimo (not enough memory, or some such thing. I didn't really understand the log entry.) and becomeroot doesn't work (cannot find).

Oh, yeah, gpe-calendar doesn't run as an applet (maybe it isn't supposed to, but it is selectable.) It shows just a white square box on the screen. I think it's a bit more than I was looking for anyway, but I just want a popup calendar thing. I think dates is too much too.

Bob

I had a lot of garbage (pictures and movies and stuff) that came with the unit. I deleted all that and Minimo installed and runs OK.

I probably just don't understand becomeroot. A friend got it work under 2006OS but tried it again (sudo becomeroot) and it asks for a password (which it didn't before).

Bob
try using 'sudo gainroot'

How do you get the "MicroB" browser to work? After I installed it, I loaded the browser and it immediately crashes saying: "Internal error. Application 'Web' closed. Any ideas on how to fix it??

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by bartsimpson123844 View Post
How do you get the "MicroB" browser to work? After I installed it, I loaded the browser and it immediately crashes saying: "Internal error. Application 'Web' closed. Any ideas on how to fix it??
No. I do not think anybody report got it to work. To the contrary, as list, it cant be installed and may damage browser.

excuse the jerkiness, i am using the 770 to do post, not the easiest thing inthe worrld
bun

This was already answered a bit in a previous post in this thread, but I'm wondering if someone would be kind enough to expand upon it.

The 2007HE is a way to get the N800 features onto the N770. So, is this the N800 OS ported over to the N770? Or is it the 2006 updated with 2007 OS code?

So, when I try to install apps from the Maemo page, should I search for the app and the 2007 OS or 2006? It seems most of the time the same app is applied across both OS versions, but I'm just curious.

Another topic so to speak..I was reading about the MicroB. This is just a more advanced rendering engine that can be used in Opera? It was compatible with the 2006 os, but not yet the 2007HE. For people using it, how was it? I never tried. I've also seen several areas on how to install it but nothing seemed concrete. Use an install file, repository and then creating symbolic links. Are all of these necessary on the 2006 OS?

Thanks again for everyone's time. It is appreciated.

Okay, I got MicroB installed and working properly. IMHO, I like it way better than Opera.

Linear2202- it is running basically the same OS as the N800, so it runs N800 apps or anything that is compatible with OS2007 or both OS2007 and 2006.

The main thing I think Nokia needs to get done on the next update of the HE is video streaming/video playback.