Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I already tried to test the Nitdroid in my Nokia N900 and the performance was very good but the stability was so much poor. The software was totally instable and i removed it from my memory card.

I don't need that the Android can do phone calls or receive SMS. Using the Android, i can use it only to run a "must have" software that can't be replaced for something like in Maemo.

Well, if think that, if the Nitdroid be stable enough to run 30 minutes without any error, i will install again to test. I hope that this be possible.

I saw so much videos from Youtube, the users showing the Android running correctly and i want this too for me.

The Nitdroid Froyo is the most stable version to do this new test?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by guisoliver View Post
I already tried to test the Nitdroid in my Nokia N900 and the performance was very good but the stability was so much poor. The software was totally instable and i removed it from my memory card.

I don't need that the Android can do phone calls or receive SMS. Using the Android, i can use it only to run a "must have" software that can't be replaced for something like in Maemo.

Well, if think that, if the Nitdroid be stable enough to run 30 minutes without any error, i will install again to test. I hope that this be possible.

I saw so much videos from Youtube, the users showing the Android running correctly and i want this too for me.

The Nitdroid Froyo is the most stable version to do this new test?
Nitdroid Umay is pretty stable. sms sending also works. mainly i use it for playing games and to use some good apps. try it. its stable.

N12 is stable

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
i was using the N12 Umay in my N900 and the stability was not so good... An old memory card can do performance and stability issues? i was using a class 4 MicroSD card from kingston.
i think too that Nitdroid was not realiable enough to be used.

I would like to find the version that offers the better stability and if i could use the Nitdroid for more than five minutes without an error, i will install again this system.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
... Not so good? That's an understatement. It runs like s**t with constant reboots, or if it doesn't do that, it will close application x or y or whatever. For me, the only reason to install it, is to be able to help out when droid friends have trouble with their devices. But N12 Umay is not that much of a help. Quite the opposite; it's frustrating. Ah well...

see either install it on EMMC or get a class 8 card, everything else runs it ****. i can use it fine on a daily basis because i dont use calls i just text so it works out for me but apart from calls, gps and camera, infrared everything else works fine i think. but personally i did it as a trial run of android i just hate the multitasking lol for me it runs smooth

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
WTH you guys talkin' about?
NITDroid N12 runs as smooth as Maemo, and this is not an exaggeration. Just be sure to have at in your internal memory and install the latest kernel. (A new kernel update released RC7)

its stable. If you use class10 for nitdroid the error you have will almost gone (you got not responding because of slow sd). also enable swap to remove ram full error.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@ammyt

I used the nitdroid-installer on a dedicated, spare N900 with a clean Maemo5 install, using the internal memory. Reboots, unexpected crashes, sometimes an inability to reboot to regular Maemo kernel, etc.

Same result when done by hand, regardless of whether I used the manifest script that was provided on TMO somewhere.

Lovely as I find the achievements of the nitdroid team, from my subjective POV, it's certainly not stable.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I'm sure you have used the old installer. Just reflash your phone (FIASCO + 8GB eMMC) then get the installer from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459 and just let it flow.