Active Topics

Please HELP!!! my N900 goes dead-loop after installing NITDroid.

I followed everything on the NITDroid forum to install android and multiboot my N900.

After I finish the last step and reboot the N900 with keyboard out, there is only one option "1 - NITdroid on MMCp2 - 2.6.28.NIT.05" on multiboot menu. when I select it the N900 seems reboot and after NOKIA logo and some command lines it simply goes back to the same multiboot menu AGAIN.

I tried go back to Maemo by taking battery out and reboot machine with keyboard CLOSED. however, it goes straight to the multiboot menu...

I also tried reboot machine without memory card but still it goes to multiboot menu...

it looks like I made the configuration of multiboot wrong by typo or something... so is there anyway I can fix it, like bypass multiboot menu?

thank you very much in advance...

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Press 0 to boot Maemo. You probably did something wrong if it ain't booting.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Maybe next howto's should clearly state the 0 = maemo or introduce a step to copy the maemo item file from examples to the multiboot.d folder, so you have a maemo option in the bootmenu.

Lots of ppl stressing out atm because of this it seems

The Following User Says Thank You to Gundogan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by bonabest View Post
Please HELP!!! my N900 goes dead-loop after installing NITDroid.

I followed everything on the NITDroid forum to install android and multiboot my N900.

After I finish the last step and reboot the N900 with keyboard out, there is only one option "1 - NITdroid on MMCp2 - 2.6.28.NIT.05" on multiboot menu. when I select it the N900 seems reboot and after NOKIA logo and some command lines it simply goes back to the same multiboot menu AGAIN.

I tried go back to Maemo by taking battery out and reboot machine with keyboard CLOSED. however, it goes straight to the multiboot menu...

I also tried reboot machine without memory card but still it goes to multiboot menu...

it looks like I made the configuration of multiboot wrong by typo or something... so is there anyway I can fix it, like bypass multiboot menu?

thank you very much in advance...
There is a thread for help with nitdroid that i regually monitor. you could have searched it and you would have found that you can press 0 to boot maemo. If you have trouble post there and i will do my best to help you. I wont help if you post new threads.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Thank you all very much for all the replies!

Yes now I can boot back to Maemo by pressing "0" in multiboot menu.

but still is there any way, or somewhere I should look at to fix the deadloop problem? cheers~

It's crazy, I almost reflashed entire device, because there is no clear option for boot back to N900's Maemo.
What an idiotic boot screen. Thanks to this forum I didn't delete my entire OS on the phone (because I had no recent backup, I would lose a lot of data).

I got the multiboot menu only once and now my n900 will only boot to the white nokia logo. nothing more. any options? or should I reflash and call it a day?
Thanks

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
If you post your questions in the correct thread, I will give you answers.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56524

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

hi guys please help me. i just installed multiboot but as some one said that if you hit U, you boot maemo. but i just get an error

did u instal the gingerbread file or simply installed only the nitroid..?