Hi,
I tried about 8 times to install a bootable Deblet on my n810 and it will not boot

Can anyone give me an Step by Step gude, how i can install Deblet on my removable 4GB SD Card.

Thank You - the despaired Fr33mind

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Define "not boot" - it stops with the progress bar far to the right? If so, this is a known problem and my upccoming beta should fix it.

eehm, no at the boot menu i choose the deblet on external mmc, then it says "booting from external mmc1" , then the display goes black and the tablet reboots and starts in os 08

I need the following information:

output of "dpkg -l | bootmenu" on maemo, and "dpkg -l | grep deblet-installer"
Your boot menu item in /etc/bootmenu.d (named deblet-something)
If you used Deblet-in-a-file or not
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Gremany
Hi,
I have the same problem.
I've tried ti install the Debian and I've done exactly like how it is written in the forum but I cannt get it.
Plz about more detail for installing.

With Deblet in a File and without deblet in a file it f**ks up.. and whats that whith the dpkg thing ? what must i write in the Terminal *confused* ? (Sry are that two pipes or anything other?)

Thanks Fr33mind

It may would help a lot of people, if we can get tweaked out step by step guide up (and whith step by step i mean every single, damn little step) from choosing the right environment to formatting an external card correctly (in my situation 4GB) bootflalgst, mountpoins and aaaalll the stuff sverybody needs to have a bootable debian on his N8xx

-Fr33mind

There will be a step by step guide eventually, - I'm getting to a stage with Deblet where the infrastructure for really building the platform is there - apt repository with mirrors and uploaders, sane debian packages that are buildable, 770 support, preseeds (make your own custom deblet installer with configuration settings already set), and so on.

Just hang on while I get the details right
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
nothing done yet ? ;-)

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Installed deblet on an N810, Using External slot 8 gig Micro (with mini converter) card.
512 megs fat32 partition Primary (mmcblk1p1) - So Maemo doesn't whinge.
(remainder) Linux Partition (Ext2) Primary (mmcblk1p2).
512 linux swap partition. Primary (Although I think it should be Logical right?) (mmcblk1p3).

Same problems as above.. Selecting 'Deblet on external'* menu apon boot. Screen goes black and then reboots.

Mounting the partition in maemo and cat'ing /var/log/ boot log file from the External card shows it's empty..

*sigh* I've had Deblet working a release or 2 ago on this same Nokia N810..

Anyone have any ideas? Or could describe as requested above a simplistic Howto?

Tags
debian, deblet