Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I think i'll give compiz it a nother try... compiz sucsesfuly compiled for me in apt but i think that if i can figure out what's missing, i might be able to overcome this problem. I'll update this post when i can get a clear since of what's going on.

update: here's what's going on:

Checking for Xgl: none
xset q doesn't reveal the location of the log file. Using fallback /var/log/Xorg.0.log
egrep: /var/log/Xorg.0.log: No such file or directory
No whitelisted driver found
aborting and using fallback: /usr/bin/metacity

Aparently, i need to install xserver-xorg, is it safe to do this? I allrety have a non-nested xserver installed.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2008-08-14 at 02:34.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I wouldn't waste your time on Compiz since we don't have any kind of hardware 3D acceleration... Install it on your desktop and marvel at its beauty, but until Nokia gives us a driver for our 3D accelerator, Compiz won't work very well on our HW.

But if you're determined to keep on trying, make sure you've got the mesa software GL rendering installed, not the hardware rendering...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Thank qole, Just installed it . Also, i wonder why Nokia has not released a 3D Driver for the tablets, I'm shure that their plenty powerful for at least a minimal 3D driver, could it be possible to build a driver for it? The only problem that might be incounterd in this is the tablet's BIOS, Witch is not open to us yet .

Also i've managed to get compiz's configuration manager working:
Attached Images

My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2008-08-14 at 02:35.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
There was actually an interesting thread that started the ball rolling on getting us (internal, unstable) 3D drivers from Nokia. Some bright guys wrote a "Drivers Justification" wiki page and it got given to the right people inside Nokia... Not sure if there's been any forward progress in the last few weeks, but they started heading that way...

Thread
Wiki Page: Why Nokia should give us development 3D drivers
Talk page (very interesting - they have a driver, but it can't be shipped because it violates the GPL, and TI doesn't want to open source the driver)

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Thank qole, Just installed it . Also, i wonder why Nokia has not released a 3D Driver for the tablets, I'm shure that their plenty powerful for at least a minimal 3D driver, could it be possible to build a driver for it? The only problem that might be incounterd in this is the tablet's BIOS, Witch is not open to us yet .

Also i've managed to get compiz's configuration manager working:
Have you tried the native metacity composite manager? I'm not sure that we'd still need a 3D driver because I know a lot of people have gotten it to work on graphics cards that compiz couldn't ever use.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
i already have a mounted partition on my mmc which is cloned diablo.
so how can i install this one?

Tags
debian, deblet