Originally Posted by dgec View Post
I'm not hopeful about that. I just remembered something else: before my reflash last night, I had Fanoush's initfs installed so I could boot from sd. But.... the time-out didn't seem to occur then.

That leads me to think it is some kind of software issue. Although, I guess if it is, say, a hardware clock issue, the software might only read it during normal operation and could be doing some kind of superfast timeout as a result.
tsc2301 spi1.0: I2S clock not in sync or off.
18 of those in dmesg2

Try reinstalling an OS on SD card and see if it fixes the problem. But also try the community SSU.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Ya, I noticed the clock/sync message. Wondered if that's normal. I guess not. But I already have the os on sd and was getting the same problem. If fact, it was booting from sd when I noticed the problem.
Haven't had time yet to do your other suggestions.

Just realized; clock off was one of the error message possibilties. That would explain the issue. Is the some way to turn it on again or is it likely a clock failure?

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ West Hills California
Pull the battery and let it sit for 3 days. That should reset the hardware clock.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Ah, didn't think pulling the battery right out. I'm going to try that now.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ West Hills California
i2s bus is a serial monitoring bus used for battery and temperature monitoring. Sync errors could indicate motherboard contamination. Get a can of spray electronics cleaner (tv tuner or contact cleaner) and give your pad a bath.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by dgec View Post
I used to have the Fanoush's SD boot menu, but I think it's gone. I assume it is anyway.
It is still available from http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/ . Scroll to the middle of the second section ("Modified initfs ... etc.") and click on "initfs_flasher.tgz" for the download.