Posts: 51 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
My N800 has started locking the keys and screen when there is no activity for maybe 2 seconds.

I tried using the Windows flasher twice but it still has the same results.

I used to have the Fanoush's SD boot menu, but I think it's gone. I assume it is anyway.

Any ideas?

Last edited by dgec; 2010-10-17 at 01:12.

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
flash both emmc and rootfs
but back up all your data first. ie.movies and songs
because all will be gone, the n900 will go back to the state where you first bought it

Originally Posted by bakuur View Post
because all will be gone, the n900 will go back to the state where you first bought it
This is not an n900. We are in the os2008 forum after-all.

In your control panel, what is the brightness period set too, and is it set to lock the screen when it turns display off?

Originally Posted by bakuur View Post
My understanding was that everything that could be is done by default on flasher 3.5 (in Windows as least), but I'm not sure: there wasn't any option to do one or the other.

Everything seems to be gone that was in flash memory, though I kept everything (that I could figure out how) on an SD card anyway.

I'm pretty sure that the default flash includes the rootfs; is the emmc done separately? (This is for the N800, not N900 by the way).

I'm not positive what the emmc does actually - the ROOT File System is obviously the main core.

Last edited by dgec; 2010-10-14 at 02:05.

Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
In your control panel, what is the brightness period set too, and is it set to lock the screen when it turns display off?
Actually, autolocking is disabled.
I tried turning it on to 5 minutes & off, I tried changing keylock on the display control panel, tried rebooting in between, etc. Still no change.

Incidently (and thus the subject update),the sound is also non-functional. I forgot to check that after reinstalling at first.

Thought I should mention that too, in case it gives an idea.

Anyone?

I've still got a hardly useful N800 locking up. I've reflashed from scratch with the 3.5 Windows flasher. Wiped Fanoush's initfs boot of course.

What is left???? Anybody????

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ West Hills California
Try a new battery. If that doesn't work; time to dismantle and clean the main board.

Originally Posted by dgec View Post
My N800 has started locking the keys and screen when there is no activity for maybe 2 seconds.
Try typing 'dmesg' in the terminal and look for any timing problems or paste here if you can't read it. It's most likely a hardware problem assuming you didn't restore your settings and programs after flashing.

DSME handles the idle timer and I think there is a non-Nokia version you could try installing. Different software might fix the problem.

MCE sits on top of DSME and Powerlaunch has a replacement for that, so try it too.

Have you installed the community SSU and Diablo Turbo?

If none of the replacement software works around the problem then you'll have to do what tgalati4 said.

Thank you VERY much for the suggestions !

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Try typing 'dmesg' in the terminal and look for any timing problems or paste here if you can't read it. It's most likely a hardware problem assuming you didn't restore your settings and programs after flashing.
I did NOT restore anything. See below about hardware. Blech.
I attached two copies of dmesg output just after rebooting, a couple minutes apart. I don't have any clue about what's goiing on under the hood there. Or much else about linux, still.

>DSME handles the idle timer and I think there is a non-Nokia version you could try installing. Different
software might fix the problem.

I saw that people wanted to make one a couple years ago, but no results.

>MCE sits on top of DSME and Powerlaunch has a replacement for that, so try it too.

I installed Powelaunch but I couldn't find powerd, which I think is what you mean.

>Have you installed the community SSU and Diablo Turbo?
I already had the comm.ssu installed but I will try that again. I read the diablo turbo thread, well a bunch of it, and am not sure I understand how to install it, but will give it a try after the comm.ssu .

>If none of the replacement software works around the problem then you'll have to do what tgalati4

I'm not hopeful about that. I just remembered something else: before my reflash last night, I had Fanoush's initfs installed so I could boot from sd. But.... the time-out didn't seem to occur then.

That leads me to think it is some kind of software issue. Although, I guess if it is, say, a hardware clock issue, the software might only read it during normal operation and could be doing some kind of superfast timeout as a result.

Re:battery. I have had 0 battery problems thankfully so far. I guess it might be a litttle weaker but otherwise its fine. It does the same thing when plugged in. Would that be likely to make any difference? I guess the only way is to try it.
Again, much thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg1.txt (15.3 KB, 108 views)
File Type: txt dmesg2.txt (15.3 KB, 116 views)