Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
First of all I want to apologize for the delay in releasing the sources. Outside of my control an almost year long interruption happened and by now probably nobody needs this anymore. Sorry.
Nobody needs it?! I need it, that's for sure. And since Faheem's been maintaining a fork/patchset/whatever, and apparently is including this, it'll probably stay awesome into Fremantle and Mer with no further maintenance from you. I'm practically doing somersaults here!

In addition to the sshers and hackers, I also expect Addison (and any other rogue-like players) will be enthused. Thanks!

It looks like running this should be straightforward, but for some reason this isn't working for me.

From /home/user:
~ $ ls .osso-xterm/
tkbd.lay tkbd.png
~ $ ./osso-xterm

This will bring up a new terminal (which has the same header information as the original keyboard: Busybox v1.6.1 (2008009-18 ...)), but there is no overlayed keyboard. Am I missing something?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Excellent! I'm glad you're using my changes, I won't have too much time to maintain this.
Two things:
- I have also sound support in my changes but it was commented out. The current executable on my website has it enabled. Not the sources though but it's just a matter of commenting in 3 function defs and a fn call. Pls tell me if you cant' figure it out.
- From your nice snapshots it looks like the transparency could be a little bit more.
I've posted on my website another tkbd.png file which is more transparent. Could you pls give it a try. (I mostly tested on white background, on black it seems a diff story)

Thanks,
Daniel
I'll recompile with sound in a minute, haven't tried out the sound function yet

As for your second point, tried your second image and it works very well, thanks!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Yay, recompiled with sound support. Works beautifully, thanks

BTW, I don't wish to sound like a prick but using "#if 0" and "#endif" to comment out a huge chunk of code works easier for people who want to uncomment it

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
With all due respect when I do stuff I do it mostly for me (selfish...)
And for me, the line commenting is visually telling me that code is commented out.
A '#if 0' 100 lines above isn't helping me much.
Just a matter of style.

And BTW, uncommenting those lines is really easy with vim

The Following User Says Thank You to dnastase For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
Originally Posted by belanger View Post
It looks like running this should be straightforward, but for some reason this isn't working for me.

From /home/user:
~ $ ls .osso-xterm/
tkbd.lay tkbd.png
~ $ ./osso-xterm

This will bring up a new terminal (which has the same header information as the original keyboard: Busybox v1.6.1 (2008009-18 ...)), but there is no overlayed keyboard. Am I missing something?
Strange, did you try to toggle the virt keyb from the menu ? Still doesn't show up ?
Do you have the full files in ~/.osso-xterm ? Do they have the correct permissions ?

Daniel

Strange, did you try to toggle the virt keyb from the menu ?
Aha; there was no virt keyb in the menu.
For some reason, it looks as if./osso-xterm wasn't running the binary in my home directory. I copied it to /usr/bin, and now it works fine.

Thanks!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yeah, Benson got it right!

I'm very excited about this!

Of course it would be nice to actually have a numpad featured with this but the layout is great and won't take much in getting used to the design.

Thank you very much!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Any chance you guys could share the updated version, please???? :-)
I can't get the one posted at dnastase's site to run.

Sorry, I am certainly doing something stupid, but I downloaded your osso-xterm and cannot install it. I'm getting this:
Code:
[root@Nokia ~]# dpkg -i /media/mmc2/installs/osso-xterm.deb 
dpkg-deb: `/media/mmc2/installs/osso-xterm.deb' is not a debian format archive
dpkg: error processing /media/mmc2/installs/osso-xterm.deb (--install):
 subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /media/mmc2/installs/osso-xterm.deb
And: how do people install this in ~/.osso-xterm? Is that the default?

Thanks!!!
L.