Running Deblet on Nokia N810 (from external SD card) and if I leave the tablet on for 2 - 3 hours (even without using it) the battery runs out? Is there no sleep mode?

Hi,

thats something I've discovered too.... It's running low on power very fast.
I don't know if the Loadapplet in the pannel scales to a larger "size" but I've seen that if the screen blanks ant you tap to activate the screen again the cpu-monitor is on max, going down again when the screen is active.

Glasswalker

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
If you use nit-env-lxde, disable your screen saver first off. That's what takes the CPU.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
If you use nit-env-lxde, disable your screen saver first off. That's what takes the CPU.
OK... this idea didn't come to my mind.... Thx a lot :-)

Regards,
Glasswalker

How do you disable the screensaver? Don't see that in any of the settings options.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
cyrus: xscreensaver got removed as a dependancy so you don't need to do it on your own
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Tags
debian, deblet